Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well its about that time again :/

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:04 AM
  • 15 Replies

My princess is almost another whole year older frown mini. She will be 3 March 12th......

So can anyone help me with a cake idea? Its a small party, just family. It will be 15 to 16 ppl. She told me she wants a deigo cake and then a strawberry shortcake cake, the strawberry shortcake little girl. Well she isn't into either one of them like she used to be anymore. So I was wanting to do a princess cake. Ya know, pink with all the princesses on it. IDK though. And when I get a 1/2 sheet of cake it goes to waste usually. So I'm  not sure about a round cake, if I can even get it at Walmart, or just doing the cup cake thing that they have now with something like that. She is a girl at heart, not a big tom boy. So I'm not sure to just wait til it gets closer to get things picked out for her......or go for it now and start getting ideas. I don't like waiting til last min to do it and I need to get an idea on the money. Any ideas would be great. Thank you

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maddys1mommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:07 AM

My dd is turning 4 March 3rd and she has decided that she wants a strawberry shortcake birthday- no idea why she chose that but it seemed cute enough to me!

KailesMommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:17 AM

It is cute, but she isn't into it anymore but yet she still wants that cake. Then she seen pics of her deigo cake from her last yr bday party and wanted that same cake again. I'm thinking of just going girly and picking it myself since once she is 4 and 5 and older I won't be able to. lol

.Angelica.
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:57 AM

I love the cup cake cakes!! I wish I would have remembered to get a picture of my son's before we ate it but it was pretty good. and they can put any picture on it that they put on normal cakes. And also if you know about how many people will be there you can get a size that has about that many cup cakes and problem solved about the too much cake!

MamaSulli2005
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:01 AM

You could always save some money and have less wasted cake by making your own then sticking all her favorites on there. Just find some little miny toys of them and place 'em around her name or something. That way she gets everything she wants all on one cake...

bhwrn1
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:55 AM

I am a big fan of round cakes or cup cakes. I like cup cakes b/c everyone can get their own individual one. Try the Betty Crocker website. They have fun easy to do decorating  with cakes and cupcakes.

Momof4kids9621
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:42 AM
My dd just turned 3 she wanted a ice cream cake, easy easy lol You could always he a cake with butterflies or fairies on it, that's pretty girly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tommy_mommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:53 AM

I suggest cupcakes.  Check out this site for some really cute ideas.

Also, you can get Disney Princess cupcake liners and decor at Walmart, or non-Disney princess stuff at Party City.

For my dd's 3rd birthday, I made a simple 2-layer 8-inch round cake.  I covered it in pink frosting, on the sides added Disney Princess edible image (at Walmart for $6), and put a tiara on the top.  Very easy, very pretty.  I'd post a pic...but I didn't take any!  Stupid-stupid-stupid.

2and2onway
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:22 AM

I would take her to Walmart to look at the pictures and let her decide, thats what we do with our kids.

Mrs.wilcox01
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:25 AM

i got my daughter tinkerbell cake done in cupcales.

Mrs.wilcox01
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:26 AM

also i know that 24 cupcakes is 25dollars because i had to do my order yesterdy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)