Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG, freakin' out!!!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:25 AM
  • 24 Replies
I get a call from my mom this a.m. Asking if I've talked to my sis. No, why? She called my mom HYSTERICAL because my neice (3yo that she watches) had been missing. Apparently when my brother (her dad) dropped her off this morning he didn't get my sister out of bed. Only left 3yo watching cartoons. My other brother decided to run out to get breakfast and noticed she and the dog were gone when he went outside she was at the corner w/ the dog and the cops! She was only gone maybe 15 minutes but WTF?? TALK ABOUT BEING SCARED SHITLESS! She said she wanted to take the doggie for a walk. *there are usually knob covers on all the doors but they took them off last night when they were going in and out & forgot to put them back on. They're goin' back on and getting door chimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crystal626rose
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:27 AM

That is very scary . I'm glad she was safe . I hope they make sure to take precautions from now on .

RobynS
by Robyn on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Oh man!!! I have nightmares about things like that. I'm glad she's okay!!!

bama_mama07
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:29 AM

omg that is so scary. I couldn't even begin to know what to do. it's the reason I watch my neighbors homes...they have children in every house around me, so I know if i see something suspicious I can tell them

Loveing_My_Life
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:31 AM

We have the door cover things so the kids cant open the door. thats one of my biggest fears

NOLAmommaKRYS
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:33 AM

wow - that is VERY scary. Thank God she's okay.

Momof4kids9621
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:33 AM
Oh man that's freaking scary, if my dh or so did that I'd kill him!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linda1012
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Glad she is ok. I use to worry about that when my little girl was 3, she did open the door a few times, but I was always right around the corner.

At that time, I stressed how important it was to not go outside without an adult. We have had numerous talks about it. I guess you have to kind of scare them into not doing it.

Caitlin2407
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:44 AM
Yeah. My neice is a fearless little thing. When my sister ran down to her crying she was worried about HER! She thought she scraped her knee. "it's okay Aunt Yaya, it'll be okay" She had no inkling she had done anything wrong. My mom and SIL are there now. I'm sure they're letting everyone know how it could have been prevented. NEVER ASSUME someone else is keeping an eye on the kids. ALWAYS make sure. We're glad she's okay, too. I'm sure DCF will be in contact with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
camy41075
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:46 AM

I have nighmares from things like this. At one point I removed the key from the door b/c ds knows how to unlock the door and I was so worried he would wake up in the middle of the night. Whew glad we are beyond that stage.

arkansasmama08
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:50 AM
Scary! My 2 and 4 year olds know how to open the door. Dd opens to let the dog in and out and she always get a timeout if she didn't ask first. Trying hard to teach them not to open it unless I ok it. Ds opens it wide whenever someone knocks. Working on him too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)