Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You know...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:47 AM
  • 7 Replies

This group is AWESOME!  I was trying to find my post from a couple of days ago to thank the ladies on there who gave me some suggestions.  There are sooooo many posts on here that I couldn't find it.  It was about how my 3 year old son was acting HORRIBLE and telling us he didn't love us etc...

Well, some of the ladies on there suggested that when he says that, say "Well I love you!" and we did that. I did it for the first time yesterday and he was speachless!!  He didn't know what to say.  It was really kind of funny!!  sidesplittinglaughter Although, he did say it to me this morning.  Only he said, "I don't like you!"  So I said, "Well, I like you!  No, I LOVE you!"  He looked at me and said "No, I don't like you and you don't like me!"  So we went back and forth of me saying I loved him and he kept saying no and how he was mad at me and I was mad at him.  Once again, I couldn't help but snicker because he was trying to tell me that I was mad at him and didn't like that it wasn't hurting my feelings!

Anyway, I wanted to say that you ladies are awesome!!

~Alyssa M.

Helping Moms Work From Home Since 1999!

www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com

Visit My Blog: The Maliska Clan

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AmyG1976
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:49 AM

hahaha cute :) kids say and do ya know weird things things they dont mean :)

.Angelica.
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:51 AM

LOL. that's funny.

mrsfitz05
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:52 AM

darn the age where we have to figure out how to outsmart them! :-)

bamababe1975
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:55 PM

LOL! That's cute! I remember once when my dd said that she didn't like me, I said, "Nah, you loooooove me, you want to huuuug me, you want to kiiiiiiisss me, because I'm your Moooooooommmy!" and grabbed her and smothered her with hugs and kisses. She tried to be mad, but she started giggling and said, "Yeah, I love you, Mommy!" 

She's now 11, and she told me the other day that I make her SO mad. I said, "But you still loooove me, you want to huuug me, you want to kiiiiss me, because I'm your Mooooommy!" She started grinning, shook her head, and laughed, "Yes, I love you." LOL

Now my 2yo niece who I keep regularly has started singing, "I love my Mooooooommy. I love Aunt Steeeeeephi." LOL

Kristenn
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:56 PM

LOL! That's funny! I'm glad you made fun out of it though instead of letting it hurt you. You know he loves you :)

Kristenn
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:57 PM

Anytime I think of a kid saying " I don't like you", I think of Stewie on Family Guy and when he always says " What the devil woman"! and " I will kill you, Louis"!

bhwrn1
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 2:04 PM

Awww...so glad you got advice that was helpful. My friend just did this yesterday with her son and he, too, was speechless and didn't know what to say.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)