Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disney Workers To Protest In Costumes over health care...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:26 PM
  • 10 Replies

Walt Disney World workers -- some dressed in character costumes -- are expected to demonstrate Wednesday afternoon as contract talks continue.

The demonstration will also be themed around "Toy Story 3," which is up for an Oscar this year.The workers' union told Local 6 News that protesters will picket with signs saying "No Toy Story 3 For Best Picture" and "Fair Contract Now!"Disney and the union representing about 58,000 workers have been trying to reach an agreement on a new contract since October. The main issue is health care coverage.

http://www.clickorlando.com/entertainment/26803237/detail.html

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aneela
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Man what are we coming to when the Toy Story characters have to come to life to protest about their health care coverage???

Watch out for Buzz!!

sophiesmom07
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:32 PM

Wow, that'll be something! Disney makes millions, they should have good / affordable health insurance!

.Angelica.
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:34 PM

wow

aneela
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Yeah you would think so...

Quoting sophiesmom07:

Wow, that'll be something! Disney makes millions, they should have good / affordable health insurance!

Kristenn
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:06 PM
You'd assume :/

Quoting sophiesmom07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobynS
by Robyn on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:15 PM

Hmmm... I wonder if they'll get in trouble for protesting in costume?

GabrielRiley
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:19 PM
I was wondering that too. Can they get sued for using the costumes to protest in?

Quoting RobynS:

Hmmm... I wonder if they'll get in trouble for protesting in costume?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Interesting. I do believe they deserve fair healthcare. I suppose using the characters is their way to get word out there that they think Disney is being unfair?

crystal626rose
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:28 PM
Guess that throws a wrench in the "where dreams come true " ads .... Those people work hard . I dont think its too much to ask to get decent coverage .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sofiesmom112
by on Feb. 12, 2011 at 6:33 AM

I would bet those who protest in costume will get fired, cause disney is really strict about what you can and cannot do when you represent Disney. Of course if the costume has a big fake head, they may not really know who is inside it, but they have ways of finding out, cause there are surveilance cameras all over the park!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)