Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Moms: Who uses toliet paper and who uses flushable wipes?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:44 PM
  • 14 Replies

I was wondering how many moms out there that are potty training their child use flushable wipes and how many use toilet paper. I personally use toliet paper because my son has become used to using it and it saves me money from having to buy flushable wipes. Potty training is such an experience I am glad that I am almost over with it. My son is still in the stage where he needs to learn how to wipe himself up after going poop but for now I dont mind assisting him in this. I am slowly teaching him how to wipe after going poop. Anyways for me toliet paper is the way to go. We first used the flushable wipes but my son was getting irritation from using them so we switched over to using toliet paper and it worked out really well for us. If you have any potty training stories to share about toliet paper vs flushable wipes please feel free to add a reply. I feel that for some toliet paper works best for others flushable wipes is the way to go.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamanthaAgain
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:48 PM

We're on a septic tank, and no matter what the labels say, none of them are truly septic safe enough for me.  So, we'll use toilet paper.

MamaSulli2005
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:53 PM

We use toilet paper as well unless the kids have a stomach issue going on and then we risk flushing a diaper wipe. Those flushable wipes aren't worth the money imo either!

Kristenn
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:53 PM
We use both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kristenn
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:54 PM
The flushable wipes last a while. It's $2 for a pack and it lasts all month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobynS
by Robyn on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Well, both... With poop, I like to start with toilet paper, then a baby wipe at the end to make sure they're really clean.

aneela
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:01 PM

We use both...more the flushable wipes...right now anyway..

foistela
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Same here. 

Quoting RobynS:

Well, both... With poop, I like to start with toilet paper, then a baby wipe at the end to make sure they're really clean.

Owner of 

Admin of Fall 2008 babies

.Angelica.
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:45 PM

I use regular wipes and just put it in the trash.

Dichroic
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:47 PM

We use both. I use the wet ones on him if he's especially messy, but he doesn't use them alone (because they are too expensive!)

I want my son to know how to use paper properly for when we are out and he's in school, since wet wipes aren't readily available in those places.

chevoya09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:49 PM

we use toilet paper...sometimes i'll use wipes and just throw them away if she seems irritated down there. but our plumbing sucks so i wouldn't be able to flush the "flushable" wipes...i can't even flush tampons. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)