Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice on finding a great, menuverable, stroller with lots of storage? *updated*

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:08 PM
  • 6 Replies

As spring approaches, along with a family trip, I have become aware that my old stroller has come to the end of its life.

Over the past 2.5 years I've put on soooo many miles, the tires are bald, it tend to turn on its own despite me, and all in all is just not cutting it anymore. I like to go on 3 hour walks daily when possible and at least an hour an a half on days when its not. So I'll need something that can with stand it.

I walk from my house out to my dad's house in good weather (about 6 miles away) and I need plenty of storage for all the things we need to bring along (I actually dont even have a drivers licence lol)

My hubby, myself and our 3 yr old DD are taking a trip to Chicago soon and we will need something to traverce this "walk-able city" and manuver inside multiple stores and crowded zoos. Comfort will be important too, as I can imagine our daughter will tire of all the walking on our trip and will need a comfy place to ride. ~grins~ It will definatly need to be reclineable and easy for napping. I just came across some Sit and Stand models and ADORE the idea, my LO would be stoked with all the options (front seat, back bench, standing, walking, being caried, or riding in my back carrier lol) But I'm uncertain, if anyone has more info on those Sit and Stands, I'd be so greatful.

A snack tray/ cup holder on the front is a requirement for us as well. DD loves to have a snack and a place to put her markers while she doodles.

So if anyone has any recommendations for me, let me know! Or even brands to look with in/ stores/ store websites etc. to check out

Thanks so much in advance ladies!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
by Robyn on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:14 PM

I'm thinking we won't need our stroller much longer, so I have been out of that market for while and won't need to know again until... grandkids!

But good luck! I hope you find exactly what you need. =)

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:23 PM

DD doesn't use hers very often any more. It sounds like you could use a good jogging one for at home with your long walks. You can find them used for a pretty good deal too. Downside for traveling with them is they don't fold up much and don' lay back for naps.

We have a Peg Perego Aria. It is a full size stroller but really light and we love it. Umbrella strollers are the easiest to haul around b/c they take up very little space and fold up small if you go into restaurants and stuff but the seat doen't lay back for naps and they don't hold much. Also, most zoos and amusement parks rent strollers but they are usually a hard seat and don't recline.

Good luck in your search.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:31 PM

I don't. But here's a bump!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:14 PM

I have a two year old and we love to take lots of walks too and travel around a lot. We have the Baby Jogger City Mini which we love for it's light weight, super easy actual one-hand fold, and great maneuvrability. But it doesn't have the biggest storage, quite small. For you it looks like the Bumbleride Indie would be great for walks with ample storage, even though it isn't most compact (not to mention it is expensive). With bigger storage but lighter weight (more affordable) you might consider the Peg Perego Si and Peg Perego Vela. The First Years Indigo is pretty cool for the price, with large storage, so is the Joovy Organic Scooter and Aprica Presto. I'm a self proclaimed stroller guru :) That's how I know so many! I could go on, but for the sake of time I'll stop! Hope this helps :)

Anastasia B, Editor at Eco-Babyz

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:51 PM

i don`t know,soryy.bump

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:45 PM

How about a jogger? They have nice big baskets and turn well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)