Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:51 PM
  • 6 Replies

Can anyone give me tips on potty training my 2 year old  (SOMEONE HELP!!!!)

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
.Angelica.
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:53 PM

read up on the bare bottom method! It worked well for my son at 19 months

nodramamama311
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Damn, my son is just about 3 and we havent even started potty training yet. Guess I better get on it. My daughter was potty trained well before 3 and she was easy. My son has underwear, a potty and has gone pee a handful of times in it but really shows no interest. Guess its all on me if I want to get it done.

bhwrn1
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:14 PM

boy or girl?

do they show interest?

did you check out the tip thread at the top of the group?

have you started at all yet?

Dichroic
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:00 PM

You mean Chase? 

My best thought to you...most boys average daytime potty independence by 3.5 years old.  Keep that in mind as you go!  Some are later and some are earlier.

My son is four and took a year to train.   (yes, it was exasperating!)

Remind...Remind...Remind...  They need to be taken in every 20 minutes in the beginning.  Expect them to pee their pants a lot in the beginning.  Just clean up and move on.

Some moms have success with sticker charts and M & M's and "potty dances".  Do what works for your son.  My son wanted new dollar prizes whenever he went potty at first.  I phased them out a bit at a time as he got better at going.

Putting them in pullups or in "big boy" undies didn't make any difference to my son...he peed regardless of if he was making a wet mess on himself or not.  Remind...Remind...Remind...to go to the potty.

You're trying to get them to pay attention to the "Pressure" on their bladder.  My son still talks about the "Pressure" and points to where his bladder is when he goes.

If you're unsure if your son is really ready, do the readiness quiz in the book, "The no-cry potty training solution".

babyhuey2
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 10:57 AM

I've been working with my son since his 2nd bday, we made a BIG Deal BIG BOYS go in potty. Bought him underwear, pottys from Ikea $4.00 i tthink, he put stickers on them. and put one in every bathroom, and at Grandmas. He's now 31/2 and knows when to go, still working with #2 but he's got it for the most part. Wears pullups at night but goes to underwear after the first bathroom break. He now uses the Big Boy potty too. Just know that he will have accidents and its okay!. Good Luck!

gcstar42
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 2:37 PM

The biggest thing that helped my kids was putting them in underwear/panties instead of pullups. The only time I used pullups was at night and when we were out somewhere. When we were at home or even at a relatives or close friends then it was underwear only.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)