Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Toddler "phase" help!!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:10 PM
  • 9 Replies

My 2.5 year old son has recently become territorial with his food.  Even if he isn't eating it or planning on eating it, he FREAKS out if we take a bite of something that is his. For instance, I cut him up an apple that sat there for 30 min and started turning brown so I grabbed a slice and ate it.. Then he throws a huge fit, tears and all and screams for me to get it out even though its already swallowed. But it gets worse.. today we are having cheetos out of a bag.. I give him a few on a napkin and then proceed to eat my own from the bag which he threw a fit about as well. Its like all the sudden he doesn't want to share.  Mostly just with food, but he also gets upset if he doesn't get to be the one to push the washer , dryer, microwave buttons etc.  Anyone else go through this stage?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
.Angelica.
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:11 PM

My son went through that. He is better now. Just tell him he has to share.

KailesMommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Hugs honey....Haven't been through it. My DD is gonna be 3 in March and she has never had problems like that....I'm sorry, here is a bump hun

momoftwins_2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:35 PM

He just wants to be independent it sounds. That lasts for a while..my 3 1/2 yr olds are the same way

bhwrn1
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:24 PM

I have been going through it for almost 3 years with my 4 y/o! UGH! I wish I had an answer. Here's a bump.

nf1
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:26 PM

my son went through that.much better now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bean1980
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:28 PM
Yep my 2 1/2 year old does this every day. I tell him he has to share and ignore his tantrums. Soon he gives up and gets over it. But he's now started to do it to his 17 month old brother, making him cry constantly. It will make you want to pull your hair out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakeysMommy0208
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:28 PM

The food part no.  But the very independent part and wanting to do everything for himself, is getting to be a pain.  He will be 3 in 2 weeks. 

ProudMommy51006
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:30 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
new_mom808
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Quoting JakeysMommy0208:

The food part no.  But the very independent part and wanting to do everything for himself, is getting to be a pain.  He will be 3 in 2 weeks. 

This. Havent had the food thing, but everything else, yep. he's also 2.5. I would say make sure to draw some clear lines on what is HIS, YOURS and OURS. If it's on his plate, let it be. If you're sharing a bag, he has to share. They are learing that they are allowed to have some boundries and we need to help them establish acceptable and healthy boundries.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)