Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good times in North Pole, Alaska *piog

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:05 PM
  • 9 Replies

Its 21 degrees outside and finally warm enough to get Jonah dressed up so we can go play in the snow. We were out there for about 20 minutes and I unburied the sled (it rained badly in November so it was encased in ice) then decided to grab Cricket's gear and bring her out. I get her settled down and in her harness, rig up a line (I lost her tow line a few years ago and don't have the money to replace it), hook her to the sled, and get Jo settled on the sled.

She's hopping around like someone injected her with meth or some other hard-core stimulant and Jo's yelling, "GO CICKET! GO!!" I start running a head calling out commands (Hike, lets go, c'mon girl, falling behind, hike hike HIKE!!), and she hits "warp speed". We get to the end of the road and I turn back, to check on Jonah and he's sitting on the sled freaking out, "TOO FAST MOMMA! TOO FAST!!"

*face palm*

There go my hopes for eventually getting a few more sled dogs and an actual sled...lol

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bhwrn1
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:24 PM

LOL!

RobynS
by Robyn on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Sounds like a fun time! LOL A friend and I used to go sledding around our very flat town by having her dad's police dogs pull us.

crystal626rose
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 7:54 AM

LMAO !!! The visual was priceless , Thanks !!

nf1
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 9:10 AM

simple smile

.Angelica.
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Aww that must be so much fun! I'm guessing you have a husky? I love them!

JojosMom18613
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 2:18 PM

Quoting .Angelica.:

She's a husky mix and really good with Jo, Cricket's about 7 now and still gets hyper when I pull out her harness, here's a picture of her...

JojosMom18613
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 2:19 PM

That must have been a blast! Are there pictures?

Quoting RobynS:

Sounds like a fun time! LOL A friend and I used to go sledding around our very flat town by having her dad's police dogs pull us.

JojosMom18613
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 2:20 PM

I sooo wish I had my camera with me when I turned and looked at him, the expression on his face was priceless.

I'm hoping the next time we go out I'll be able to rope someone into taking some pictures.

Quoting crystal626rose:

LMAO !!! The visual was priceless , Thanks !!

.Angelica.
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Aww she's cute!

Quoting JojosMom18613:

Quoting .Angelica.:

She's a husky mix and really good with Jo, Cricket's about 7 now and still gets hyper when I pull out her harness, here's a picture of her...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)