Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

potty training

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:50 AM
  • 6 Replies

My son is almost 3 and a half, he goes poop in the toilet and will pee in there as well if you ask him, or bring him. He knows how to pull his own pants down, open the toilet set up and sit down on his own. For some reason though hell be running around the house and just go pee in his pants. The other day I was on the phone and I was standing in the bathroom and he climbed up on the counter and peed his pants. I don't understand that. What should I do to get him to use the toilet by himself?

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Kristenn
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:05 AM
How long has he been potty trained? It took Ayden about 6 months of being potty trained for me to have to quit asking and making him go every hour.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessabellslush
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:07 AM

its probably been about six months since we started. I don't know if hes just being stubborn. He goes to preschool, and the teacher told me to start putting him in underwear when he goes, because hes doing so well there, but for some reason hes holding back here with his mom.

Kristenn
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:08 AM
Oh yeah.. If he is in a pull up, he WILL most likely pee in it.
My friends daughter does this and she keeps her in pull ups all the time, but when she is in underwear, she does not pee. I did not ever use pull ups. Underwear from the start.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamanthaAgain
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Could he just be getting too busy, and not wanting to interrupt the fun to go potty?  Maybe it could be time to bring back rewards, like stickers or something?

ahawkins
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:42 AM
I'm having the same problem...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessabellslush
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:39 PM

He finally got it himself. He hasn't gone in his pants or a pull up for over a week now. He comes home from school dry and wears underwear all the time. I started giving him stickers for every day he is dry. He doesn't even go in his sleep. I think the solution is just letting your child decide when they are ready to go by themselves. They get it and it  happens so fast once they do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)