Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Night training

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:36 AM
  • 5 Replies

Do you night train your child at the same time you potty train them, or do you wait?  We're planning to potty train Connor soon, but he still doesn't sleep through the night in a dry diaper.  Since we cosleep, I'm nervous about getting rid of the night diaper!

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ahawkins
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:39 AM
We are waiting, but if your child can do it, go for it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:40 AM

I cosleep to and when i took the pullups away they went at night to. My son has been potty trained for almost a yr now and he has had accidents here and there. Its just best to try to get them to go potty before they go to bed. He would wake up in the middle of the night an run to the bathroom and go though. It really just depends on the child and how well they take to potty training. My son didnt get potty trained till he was 3 and a half and i tried not to push. But he also was staying dry at night. Good luck.

godislove704
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:41 AM

We waited until our ds was fully potty trained. Night training actually only took a few days. We started by not allowing drinks close to bedtime and then moved to not wearing a diaper.  

Kris_PBG
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:47 AM

I would guess that were my kids were night trained before they were even day trained. 

We never gave it a thought, really....

We would sometimes forget to put a diaper back on them at night and they were always dry.  We just eventually stopped bothering with the night time diaper.  Good luck!

Meli55aG2001
by Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:37 AM

For the first few weeks we kept a little potty in our daughter's room.  She ended playing with it so we took it away because we were tired of cleaning up messes.  She sleeps through the night but if she needs to go, she uses the bathroom.  We haven't had to put her in pullups at night since she started training.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)