Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Easy kid friendly lunch ideas? (for picky eaters)

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:29 PM
  • 23 Replies

I need some ideas for some simple lunches for my 3 year old. He's a very picky eater though.

I have breakfast taken care of and dinners but need lunch ideas. Going shopping soon.

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elizabethmo2
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:34 PM

I've heard of things as simple as a pb and J rollup where you use soft shell tacos stuff like that my son loves cheese casadias on the stir I seen several ideas what about grilled cheese tomato soup? keep it simple...

.thickie.thick.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:36 PM

bump

katieclaude
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:37 PM

BUMP!

nazmom2be
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:40 PM
What does he like? That will help us give you ideas. Mac n cheese with hot dogs? Hot dogs rolled in croissants?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katieclaude
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Um maybe try changing simple things up? DH buys the most RANDOM things and the kids end up liking it! They were starting to get bored with PB&J so we went to mac and cheese, when that got old I was like um ok PB&J again? Well DH bought CRUNCHY peanut butter, and Olivia LOVED it! So it could be something as simple as changing a certain item. Good luck, and I look foward to seeing what other people say because I have the exact same problem. Olivia only ever really wants to eat "mickey mouse cheese"

momma.mel87
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:42 PM

My little girl is 2 1/2 and she is a very picky eater and one easy lunch idea i have found that she loves is kalbassa and cheese and crackers.

thebailiffs
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:48 PM
I agree tell us what he will eat. Also can they microwave things for him?
mariesmama
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:50 PM

vary the shape of pasta she eats we tryed rainbow rottini the other day with cheddar cheese soup for sauce anda can of tuna and a can of peas added

jlr09092006
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:52 PM
My son loves hummus. So I'll make a roll up with a wrap. Quick and good for him too! English muffin pizzas are always yummy. I feed my child 3 meals a day and those are the only two things I can come up with right now! I just had a baby 7 weeks ago will I ever get my mind back? lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elizabethmo2
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:54 PM

we do corn dogs and chicken nuggets sloppy joes... pig n a poke... ramon noodles with peanut butter sandwich.... ummm something that we do but not often that both my kids love is a marshmello and peanut butter sandwich lol.....soups ravoli things like that...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN