Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She is WAY too independent!!!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:50 PM
  • 9 Replies

We just got back home from dropping off my 4 3/4 year old daughter to spend several days with my sister.  She had been asking to go and was very excited.  She started packing after I told her she could go and had been begging to go for the past week.  My sister is awesome with her(my sister is a physical education teacher and does tons of active stuff with her that I can't do regularly due to having 2 younger children).  She just hopped in their car when we put the car seat in and said "bye mom".    We are going to Skype tomorrow night but I can't believe I don't get to rock her and put her to bed tonight.    Does anyone else have such an independent  pre-schooler?  

We picked her up yesterday after a 6 day stay.  We had to leave her one extra day sinced Friday was a big snowstorm.    She had a fabulous time went swimming(indoors) sledding, to an aquarium and got lots of 1:1 attention.   She was a little lovey at the restaurnt when we picked her up so I know that she is glad to be home!!   We will probably let my sister take her again in the summer if Ros wants to go. 

Annette(39)Dan(hubby) Rosalynd(4)Jeremy(2) Isaac(3/10)

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:57 PM

my son is 3 and he does everything by himself. if i try  to help him he slaps my hand and yells i do it myself. no mom. he doesnt need me to do anything. he goes to nanna's like its nothing. this week he was sick and all he did was act like a baby. i loved it. :)

by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 2:58 AM

heck sometimes mine puts my shoes and gets my purse, so i can hurry up and take her to pre-school!

by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Yes both my twins are very independent and would do the same thing.

by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 12:42 AM

yes my daughter is very independent! she is my youngest and last . I have a hard time letting her go... She is just sooooooooooooo independent, thinks she is all grown already too! Lets try to find a way to stop time!

by Member on Feb. 22, 2011 at 12:53 AM

when she came home from preschool, i gave her a hug and said i missed her. she said she had too much fun and didnt miss me at all! :(

now shes on mid winter break, and she says shed rather be at school, its more fun! well ill show her, im taking her to the movies for the first time on wednesday.

sometimes she acts and talks like a teenager. it cracks me up but i just want her to be a little girl as long as possible!!! I am very proud of her though. She amazes me everyday.

i was just looking at her baby pictures tonight with my mom. shes turning 5 next month. i cant even begin to believe shes growing up. **tearing up***

by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2011 at 1:40 AM

yep DD is 3 and the same way! I can't believe how indapendent they get so quick!

by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 3:24 AM
:( yeah I have a smart independent cOokie! And fights for her rights lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 4:17 AM

My dd just turned 4, and she already spends nights at grandparents house. Yesterday we tried to have her best friend sleep over at our house, (she is 6 and had only had one other sleepover before, not with us, but she went with her little brother)...She was super excited about spending the night, so was our dd...but when it came time to go to bed, she couldn't do it! I was pretty surprised, since dd sleeps at grandma's so easily, and is 2 1/2 years younger than this girl..

by Robyn on Feb. 26, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Yep. My kids are independent, too. It's heartbreaking sometimes (for me), but so good for them!

On the other hand, there are times when DD clings to me--just for the attention.

its a girlbaby girlgirl on a swingtwin girlstoddler girl

—> Have girls? <—

Post here for a chance to win a CM t-shirt!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)