Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1.5yr old dd bleeding "down there" HELP UPDATE UPDATE #2

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:51 PM
  • 48 Replies

Well I just changed her diaper about 20 minutes ago, and she was fine, normal diaper change. about five minutes after i change her, i open her diaper to put lotion on her inner thighs and butt(ezcema lotion that she gets before bed) and now there is blood in her diaper and her area is dripping blood. I looked for scratches and cuts cause she is always scratching various parts of her body and i can't see anything so if she does have a cut, I don't see it. She doesn't have a pedi right now so i can't call an on call nurse. She isn't being abused, nor did she fall or have diaper irritation. What could it be, has anyone experienced that?

Ok I pat-wiped her and than looked again. I still see no scratches or anything. And yes she has been battling from a suspected bladder infection but it's been mild and that was about a week ago. She hasn't had symptoms since so from the outside, I can't tell if she still has it or if that's even what it was. When I looked the first time, it did look like a period, and the blood shows through her diaper( a quarter size spot, not the whole diaper). The bleeding has now stopped, she's a LITTLE red, not much, her clitoris does feel somewhat swollen but is normal color. I'm going to monitor her for an hour or so while I try to get a nurse to talk to me, and than I'll go from there. Will update after. Thank you ladies for the advice

I took Finley to the er this morning and they looked and looked and found some scratches that I couldn't see. They also prescribed her some anti itch, yeast infection creme though I really don't know how much it'll help her since the infection is INSIDE and i'm NOT inserting anything in her. But I'll use it and see if it helps and make sure she doesn't scratch and hopefully it'll resolves itself. This child is gonna send me to an early grave!! lol

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:53 PM

that kind of thing would have me in the ER.

vampire2007
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:55 PM
yup i would go to the er
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RayneofTerror
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:56 PM

i completely agree

Quoting MixedCooke:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Bmama1
I'm not sure. But if it was a large amount, i would definatly have her checked in the ER.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KailesMommy

Quoting MixedCooke:

Steph925
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:57 PM

me too

PrissyKrissy05
Could be a bladder infection gone bad. You really need to get to the ER to make sure it's nothing serious
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calyn11742
I agree with this...

Quoting Bmama1:

I'm not sure. But if it was a large amount, i would definatly have her checked in the ER.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TandKmommy

ER ASAP

Mommy51408
Definitely straight to the er!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)