Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much does daycare cost for a 2&&4 yr olds? anyone?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:10 AM
  • 4 Replies

looking for daycare/schooling?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
my_three_sons
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:40 AM

It depends on where you live.  The best way to find out is to call around to get prices.  Where I live a toddler is $125 a week but an hour north it costs $180 for the same child. So, it just really depends on your area.

RiverPhenix
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:50 AM

We don't have any daycares in my small town but we do have adult sitters/nannies. Their going rates are between $125-150 without meals but with snacks per child. All of them do give a discount for two or more children though. My friend pays $215 for two children per week for the hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Most of the ones in my town that sit/nanny are retired teachers so their price without meals offsets the education the kids get, which is amazing. When the nanny is sick I watch her kids for her that is how I know the price and times.

2and2onway
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:57 AM

For the 4 yr old check out Headstart or your public school for a preschool. I would also look at in home daycare instead of centers, they tend to be able to work with discounts better.

Amanda_Jeanne
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:05 AM

I am paying $193 a week for my DS... it hurts LOL! I'm going to look into a less expensive option, I know they are out there... I just love the place he is going to so much though.

With home daycare, check and double check and even triple check and TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS... I say this because DS was in a home daycare prior to us switching him to a center, and we had a pretty bad experience. Not all home providers are bad people, but make sure you feel absolutely comfortable taking your kid there and if your gut tells you something feels wrong, it probably is!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)