Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you deal with conflict?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM
  • 13 Replies

Do you deal with your conflicts head on or tend to ignore them until you can't anymore? 

Owner of 

Admin of Fall 2008 babies

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
foistela
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM

I try to deal with conflict right away and get everything out in the open. I don't like to sit and worry about it, I'd rather deal with it. 

gaamom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:34 AM

I'm terrible with conflict. I avoid it until it blows up. I know, that's bad, bad, bad.

glennsmomlaura
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:35 AM
Ignore for as long as possible
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joeykttn
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Quoting gaamom:

I'm terrible with conflict. I avoid it until it blows up. I know, that's bad, bad, bad.

Jenn

nazmom2be
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:42 AM
It depends on the type of conflict and what bearing it will have on my life. I also weigh out if it worth my time and energy to battle it out. For the most part it is just drama and it can and will be ignored. If it is something that I feel that needs to be addressed to keep my home happy then I tackle it head on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
foistela
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Same here! 

Quoting nazmom2be:

It depends on the type of conflict and what bearing it will have on my life. I also weigh out if it worth my time and energy to battle it out. For the most part it is just drama and it can and will be ignored. If it is something that I feel that needs to be addressed to keep my home happy then I tackle it head on.

Owner of 

Admin of Fall 2008 babies

sunnymommy122
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:21 AM

I deal with conflict right away unless I think it could be a heated discussion.  It depends on who the conflict is with, too.

bandgeek521
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:31 AM

I really don't do well with conflict or confrontation, but I am the kind of person who wants things to be addressed/resolved. My husband and I have a system where we'll write each other back and forth to work through things, partially because I wasn't good at talking face to face about problems and partially because it really does help to keep things from escalating, since you have to take the time to read it and respond, and you're not arguing face to face, you can address the issue calmly without getting upset. With other people I tend to ignore it as long as I can - usually the issue passes, and while I don't vocalize my feelings, at least it stops. If it were to continue I'd probably finally get to where I say something, and I have a few times before when needed, I just prefer to try to give things a chance to at least calm down on their own first, give it as long as I possibly can before saying something. Most of the people who cause issues, though, are the kind who try to act like its not personal or that I shouldn't be offended, so all ignoring the problem does is make me bitter for a while, lol.

BonitaM
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:35 AM

It really depends on what the conflict is and with whom. 

Amanda_Jeanne
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:34 PM

If it's with hubby, I will take on the conflict then and there... I don't want things to "fester".

With others, a lot of the time I ignore/avoid it until it gets out of hand. I really don't like conflict at all!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)