Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it a 3 year old thing?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:28 AM
  • 22 Replies
For about 3 weeks my 3 year old has been a terror! She doesn't listen for anything. What is respect for grown ups? She screams anytime any one says anything that she might remotely dislike.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamato3Nunns
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:29 AM
Any advice? Sorry it posted and I'm on the mobile so I cant edit it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JG86
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:30 AM
Mine is the same way. He has been so defiant lately. I will tell him something, and he will look me in the eye and say "no." Its so frustrating :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BailieRosesMomy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:31 AM
My dd isn't even three yet...still has four months to go...but omg...three is starting to be crazier than two! I may not survive to see 4 lol gotta love them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3HappylKidds
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:31 AM

I'm am hoping its a phase!..since december my daughter has competely done a180 emotional and behavoir... Also since december my daughter has also started seziures so i am not sure if its related or two different things!

amylovesnick07
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:32 AM

My daughter is 4 1/2 and still acts that way. But she is starting to settle down a little bit.

joeykttn
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Is there anything new going on in the last month that she might be reacting too? 

If not, I'd say it's just normal toddler behavior, when they start realizing they can terrorize us..lol but, I would nip that in the bud as fast as you can...as long as its "allowed", it will continue :/

Jenn

anne85910
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:37 AM

haha you should read my post about my five year old. I just added it. Same thing. But it has been since he was three. I tell him to do something he says "no. period." I say "excuse me...you will do as you're told!" this happens all the time.

"eat a bite" me

"i just had a bite" him.

i want to rip out my own hair! And he'll look me in the eye and say he's not doing whatever i told him to do. Then i take away his privlages for the week. this is what we do. tell him to do something over and over again, for about 20 mins. then get upset with him. yell. if that doesn't work he goes to time out or straight to bed, depending on the time of day. or whatever toy he's obsessing over at the moment gets taken away and put on time out. that usually gets him to do whatever we asked. It's just very annoying. i feel like to get him to listen i have to either yell at him or take something away. i hate it.

Mamato3Nunns
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:38 AM
Nothing new but absolutely glad it's not just us. I thought there was something wrong with her. I was really worried.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la1118
by Laura on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:38 AM
I had always heard of the terrible twos, but nobody tells you about the worse threes! I think it's usually worse at 3 because they are more able to challenge authority and test their boundaries.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nodramamama311
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Our son is the same, he is about to be 3 next week. He has been really good until lately and honestly I wouldnt say hes bad. just growing up I guess. I cant stand it though sometimes, hes already talking back, yelling at me and running from me when he knows he is in trouble. I feel your pain. I need some techniques to help me too because I do punish him but it isnt working. If you find anything let me know please and good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)