Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PBS Commercials

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:18 PM
  • 7 Replies

I let the older child that I babysit watch PBS during naptime.  I really like the commercials on this channel!  A lot of them are about teaching kids healthy eating habbits.  They are reminders that even I need to hear.  And they aren't advertising toys!  

We don't have cable, and I'm so glad we don't! 

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Emberbaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:20 PM
We have cable but we watch PBS all the time. Right now we are watching Between the Lions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emberbaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:20 PM
No toy commercials is great:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobynS
by Robyn on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:26 PM

That's what I love about PBS, too. And the commercials are in between programs only--not in the middle! =)

SoniaL
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:04 PM

I totally agree! no cable here and very happy. No temptaion of all that crap on Disney and Nick! 

erinsmom1964
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:18 PM

I leave PBS on all day( till around 5 or 6 pm) .  In our state for awhile they actually had a commercial from Children's Hospital on carseat safety recommending RF to a minimum of 2yrs 30 pounds  I LOVE PBS and we do have cable.

Dichroic
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:06 PM

I know how you feel. 

This is one reason I don't like Nick Jr. so much.  They even have commercials aimed at moms (shampoo commercials that tell you you can have "sexy" hair with Pantene, etc.)

An aside...our DishNetwork bill recently went up and I was considering dropping the package we have, but that would eliminate the public broadcasting for our area. 

I decided the extra money was worth the absence of commercialized commercials.

.Angelica.
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:11 PM

My son usually watches sprout or disney channel. Disney is getting really into eating healthy and being active with their commercials too. Though those are later in the day when the older programming in on. I don't think they really show many commercials in the morning during the preschool shows.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)