Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you..

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:32 PM
  • 14 Replies
Pick your child(ren)'s school? Did you have a big amount of choices or just a few? Public, private, or homeschool? If you had a lot to choose from, how did you pick the perfect one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2028
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:43 PM

We went with the one 3 blocks from our home.  Very convenient.  I also liked that it was at a church, and the price was very reasonable.  We live in a major city.  We could have gone anywhere.

Bmama1
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:49 PM
My son isn't in school yet but he will be home schooled. We chose that because public school doesnlt teach about God.
.Angelica.
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:59 PM

My son is only 3, so no school yet. IF he is in public school then he will go to the one that we are in the district of. But I am hoping that I can get enough money to send him to the school at my church. If not I'll probably homeschool. Possibly let him go to public school (if I can't do private) for the first couple years.

me-n-mygirls
by Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:01 PM
we knew before our first was born we wanted to homeschool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ahawkins
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:15 PM

no school yet for our kids 

SamanthaAgain
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:12 AM

Connor will be homeschooled.  The public school in our area is slowly falling apart due to budget cuts and poor administration.  There are only 2 private schools in our area, and they are both heavily religious, we don't want that.

Emberbaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Ughhhhh I am debating this at this point. Dd will be attending  school next year and I can't decide :(

erinsmom1964
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:27 AM

While erin is only just now 23 months old she is already on a waiting list for a local Charter School.  I first looked at bare stats and with that KNEW we wouldn't be going public .  Then to narrow down to which charter school I read all there materials and decided which program offered my child what most I wanted her to get besides just a great academic experience.  parental involvement is required every month....uniforms are worn.....sports are played....band and art are taught.  lots of varied after school activities and very high standards set for the children.  It felt right after touring and speaking to other parents whose children have been in the school for years.

manifer_momma
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:30 AM
Public school. Ots only two blovks from us & its overall more conveniant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:30 AM

BTW even with her being on the waiting list already chances are she won't get in before kindergarten.  so when we where looking for our home we only looked in the area of town that had the highest rated public elementary school so chances are she won't be as far behind as she could be when her name comes up finally on the list.  Wow can't believe how lucky some of you are that you can wait until the last minute.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)