Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The new dad smackdowm!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:36 PM
  • 11 Replies
my bff had her baby boy yesterday, i went up there this evening. Her da hubby wasnt there when i got there so i picked baby boy up and sat down with him. I crossed my left leg and laid him in the bend of my knee just like i did my kids, well her hubby comes in and flips shit on me. Yelled at me to hold him in my arms. Few mins later he had wiggled his swaddling loose so i laid him on the bed to fix it, he flips again and told me not to unwrap him. After an hour of his shit i finally had enough and told my bff i was sorry for upsetting the asshole and i was leaving. I told him that he needed to chill out because i knew what i was doing. I understand that is his fist child, but i think after having two of my own i can find my way around an infant. She said he hasnt held him at all just sits around and barks at people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Terri1985
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:38 PM

lmao you gotta love new dads i think in some ways they are worse then new moms. My ex held our son the whole time and didnt give him up to anyone without a fight.

COWGIRLinPEARLs
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:03 AM
i have never wanted to slap someone so bad. He is really gonna have a hard time when starting next week i will be staying one night a week at their house so he can work and she can get at least one full day and night of sleep. She did it for me with my oldest so doing it for her for a few weeks is the least i can do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamanthaAgain
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:07 AM

I think that sometimes men let their primal protective instincts get the better of them.  When Connor was brand new, DH was very nervous with anyone but me holding him, and he was very quick to snap at his older girls if he felt like they were doing even the smallest thing wrong.

I actually have a theory.  Because men don't have the maternal instinct that we do, they overcompensate with the protective, agressive instinct.

COWGIRLinPEARLs
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:36 AM
I agree totally. I do understand his protectivness but it still was a little over the top lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NearSeattleMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 2:57 AM

Yikes.  He's got to be a lot of fun to live with!

.Angelica.
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:40 AM

Quoting NearSeattleMom:

Yikes.  He's got to be a lot of fun to live with!

sofiesmom112
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 2:04 PM
Sorry you are dealing with pyscho dad....AT least you don't have to live with hime everyday!!!
RobynS
by Robyn on Mar. 3, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Oh geez! I suppose he thinks he knows everything, eh?

Emberbaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Yikes! Daddy Postpartum Depression??? LOL

WonderMom05
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 2:57 PM

ROFL! love the new parents haa haaa

My cousin just had a baby and she texts every one not to come see the baby because they were so..... TIRED and my SIL went over and she said my cousin was doing her make up and saying how nasty her DS poos spells. ugh funny, funny.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)