Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tattle Tail!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:45 AM
  • 9 Replies
What's your technique for stopping your little tattle tail? My youngest 4yo has now reached the tattle tail stage. Now while I don't want him to think that telling mom or dad is a bad thing, I want him to understand the difference between rating his big brothers out for the wrong reasons and telling an adult because someone may be getting hurt or hurting him. My older two boys never really did this (when they were this age) I'm assuming my 4yo is learning from them now, atleast in part anyway. Anyone have any suggestions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
HollyHawk333
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:06 AM
My parents used to make us wear a tail. It was a cat toy that looked like a tail and had an elastic band. The embrassement if having to wear it was enough for us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bnnic
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:10 AM
i wil be waiting for some advice on this one!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmama1
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:15 AM
Good question. I havenlt had to deal with this yet.
ecagle
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:57 AM

LOL...some kids tattle more than others ;)

bhwrn1
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:43 AM

I would love to know. My boys are always tattling on each other. We try to explain that it's not nice to constantly tattle on someone, unless it might cause harm to someone. I'd love some advice.

I like the tail idea!

Kristenn
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:32 AM
I'll bump. I'd love advice too! Ayden isn't there yet, but my husbands best friends daughter is always over and she totally tattles allllllll the time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom71307
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:24 AM

We tell our daughter to deal with it first on her own THEN come to an adult if someone is doing something they shouldn't be doing (generally only if it involes her).  But to come immediately if someone is being hurt... no matter who or by whom.  When she begins to tell us something that her brother shouldn't be doing, we tend to ask if she has attempted to deal with it or if she is concerned that he might get hurt BEFORE she has a chance to finish!

jessicaaris
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:47 AM

I don't know. My oldest just got into this stage and I don't know what to do about it. He has two little sisters though so he usually lets me know when one of them is doing something wrong, which is a good thing since I can't watch everyone all the time.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
.Angelica.
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Not sure. I came from a family of 6 and my youngest sister was the tattle tail. I think it was mostly because she felt left out. The only one in the neighborhood her age while the rest of us were off with eachother and with friends so she felt that she needed to constantly tell on us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)