Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hair salon or do it yourself?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:36 AM
  • 19 Replies
I was just wondering how many of you ladies go to the salon? I recently started going to a shop my friend referred me to and the lady let me know I need to come back and get my hair cut for a cut and treatment so my hair can grow back because my hair is really broken off. I'm so nervous I'm so used to wearing weaves and it being long but I guess I have to do it for my hair to grow back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lycilizzy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:42 AM
I have done my own for 16 years. Cuts, colors and highlights. I also do it for my family. It is my hobby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaaris
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:44 AM

I go the salon. I go to a really awesome one too, they actually listen to what you want and cut it that way not 6 inches shorter. It is kind of pricey but totally worth it. I don't mind spending $40 for a haircut if I LOVE it and it makes me feel good, which I always do.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
bhwrn1
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:27 AM

I go to the salon. I am not at all talented enough to make my hair look nice! LOL!

RedheadMama18
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:30 AM

I go to the salon. 

angevil53
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:55 AM
Depends, I'm a licensed cosmo so if I can do it I trust myself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myloves2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:01 AM
Lol same here

Quoting bhwrn1:

I go to the salon. I am not at all talented enough to make my hair look nice! LOL!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmama1
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:32 AM

If I want layers I'll go to the salon. If I just want a few inches off, my husband will cut it. lol I've never had it dyed or anything at a salon. Just at home. Mainly because we can't afford it. lol

MirandaPage
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:33 AM

I go to a salon, I do color my hair by myself though. For highlights and cuts I use a salon. My kids do as well.

MommaLion316
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:35 AM

to repair hair damage and get hair cuts then yeah salon!! I love going and getting pampered lol 

Meli55aG2001
by Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:35 AM

I'll do trims at home but I like having someone else cut my hair. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)