Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Room suggestions

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:15 AM
  • 6 Replies

In a couple of weeks or so, we'll be moving our 4 year old into a bigger room. That room is his playroom right now, but we're going to swap it for what's his bedroom now. We're converting his daybed (which we had converted from a crib 2 years ago) to a full-size (thought about getting a twin bed, but since his bed converts, might as well go with that) so he needs the bigger room. Anyway, looking for suggestions on how to decorate since we won't be able to paint for awhile. The majority of the wall is an off-white wood paneling (which we won't be painting) and the top part is a textured dark brown (we'll be painting that at some point in the future). Until we can get it painted, I'd like to do something to make it seem more "fun" for a 4 year old. Since it's textured, won't be able to do much as far as sticking a border on or anything. If I need to I can post a picture later so you can see what it looks like.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KayDziedzic
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:24 AM

The reusable wall stickers they have out now stick well on our apartment walls in the kids' rooms. They're not intentionally textured, but they're full of pock marks and deep brush marks. We have jungle animals (KMart), Toy Story (Target), Dora(Target), and even a Dollar Tree batch of robots that all stick great even after having been repositioned multiple times. 

.Angelica.
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:48 AM

i'm not good with decorating so here's a bump

crimsonangel180
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:51 AM
I bought some cars posters from walmart and got poster frames at micheals on sale and hung those on the wall. Do something fun with the bedding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RADmomma
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:10 PM

if you cant do a full painting...can you stencil some of his favorite things up there for now? then you just need a little sponge brush & little cup of paint!

I also have the wall stickers from the Dollar Tree and they have survived a year in my 3 yr old DDs room...she thinks they are like the static cling window decorations.

Other than stenciling and stickers...all i can think of is framed art and pictures of what ever he is into. Fun bedding and curtains, a bright fun rug.

DD is huge into robots and legos...so her room is decorated with Robot clings, Lego things that she builds with daddy...and she has about 2500 glow in the dark stars on her ceiling...

Good Luck

thatgirl70
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:02 PM

Quoting RADmomma:

if you cant do a full painting...can you stencil some of his favorite things up there for now? then you just need a little sponge brush & little cup of paint!

I also have the wall stickers from the Dollar Tree and they have survived a year in my 3 yr old DDs room...she thinks they are like the static cling window decorations.

Other than stenciling and stickers...all i can think of is framed art and pictures of what ever he is into. Fun bedding and curtains, a bright fun rug.

DD is huge into robots and legos...so her room is decorated with Robot clings, Lego things that she builds with daddy...and she has about 2500 glow in the dark stars on her ceiling...

Good Luck

Not sure how it would work with the way the wall is textured (stenciling). It's pretty crazy. I'm also afraid nothing will stick on it because of the way it's textured, it's way too lumpy. The pictures might be a good idea though. I can look into something like that.

He'll be getting some new bedding and it will definitely be things that he enjoys. :)

faithlives
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:47 PM

With the wood paneling, I'm thinking something to do with the outdoors or the river/boats. But I'm not sure what your little boy likes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)