Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good meals to freeze?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:53 AM
  • 25 Replies

I know a lot of mommas will make some dinners before they deliver and freeze them so it'll be an easy meal once baby arrives. Can you ladies give me some good meal ideas for freezing? And Also how to freeze them and in what? Thanks!!

busy mom

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommie004
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:02 PM

I know that you were asking for a mom with a new baby, but I have kids from 7 yrs down to 1 yr and at the beginning of each month when we get paid I go shopping and make meals(usually through on whole weekend) and freeze lots of stuff so that later in the month when we are having a busy week or day I can pull it out and just heat it up or my hubby can.

Some of things I freeze are casseroles and lasagna. You can freeze any meat after its been cooked, in any freezer safe container, just remember that it doesnt last forever in the frezzer so I usually write the date on the lid that it was put into the freezer.

I hope this helps just a little.

Bmama1
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Quoting mommie004:

I know that you were asking for a mom with a new baby, but I have kids from 7 yrs down to 1 yr and at the beginning of each month when we get paid I go shopping and make meals(usually through on whole weekend) and freeze lots of stuff so that later in the month when we are having a busy week or day I can pull it out and just heat it up or my hubby can.

Some of things I freeze are casseroles and lasagna. You can freeze any meat after its been cooked, in any freezer safe container, just remember that it doesnt last forever in the frezzer so I usually write the date on the lid that it was put into the freezer.

I hope this helps just a little.

How would you freeze lasagna? Do you defrost stuff first before you reheat it? lol I'm somewhat new to cooking.

Londyns07mommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:38 PM
Bump!! I would like to know as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rheavener
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:49 PM

bump

RADmomma
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:52 PM

I freeze tons of things!! I have a small chest freezer in addition to the one on the fridge. I love to cook in my crock pot then freeze. I make a big batch of chili, cool completely then store in individual servings (makes it easier to defrost & for DH's lunch). I make a shredded chicken & tomato sauce, that I freeze the same way, then defrost & serve over rice or pasta. I also use my crock pot to make chicken noodle soup, venice demillo soup (sp?) without the pasta, freeze and then add cooked pasta when your ready to eat it.  I also make the inside of a chicken pot pie & add the crust top later. I freeze bread dough and cookie dough as well. This way I make one big batch once a month or so...break it up into single cooking sizes & freeze, then just defrost & pop it in the oven!

When my DD was little I made tons of homemade baby food & froze it too. The just took them out the night before & defrosted in the fridge!

If your looking for a great website for recipes & tips...check out allrecipes.com     I use them all the time.

chandipandi
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:54 PM
Chili, lasagna, soups, tacos,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Laura1427
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Baked ziti keeps well.

Pretty much your fav. pasta sauce, penne/ziti/rigatoni pasta, meat (for the sauce), parm cheese and mozzarella.

brown meat, add to spaghetti sauce. Par-cook pasta. Add pasta to sauce, pour into baking dish. Cover with layer of parm, then mozarella.

You can either freeze it at that point or cook it and freeze leftovers.

:-)

cheekycherub
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:04 PM

casseroles, lasagna, soup, seasoned meat for tacos & burritos - the cheese, beans & salsa actually can be frozen too. Just add fresh or even frozen veggies.

Waffles, pancakes, muffins...any pasta dish really...meatloaf, shredded chicken, burgers

mumma2brayden
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:09 PM
Bump
bhwrn1
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:44 PM

lasagna

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)