Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with vans!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:14 PM
  • 12 Replies
What do you have? what do you like, and dislike about it? We are getting a van, and I would love some input on what's best out there. I'm needing room for my 2 kids that are in carseats, plus my growing 8 year old step son. We travel to north Carolina from Ohio to visit my inlaws, 3 or more times a year, so we need something that's good for traveling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anna_mccall
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:17 PM

I have an 04 Honda Odyssey. It has a DVD player in it. We drive from OK to OH to see my mom every year and the kids can stretch out and have enough room for whatever they need to do. Only thing I don't like about it is you can't listen to the radio while they are listening to a dvd.

joshlor2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:20 PM
We have had 3 but loved the dodge grand caravan the most! It had the stow n go seats which ment loads of storage compartments for bags and toys. We just traded it in for a journey (Better gas mileage)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RADmomma
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:22 PM

i drive a van but it wont help you on your search...its a 95 Previa...but I love it because its all wheel drive...( i live in Maine..snow..).  The middle captains seats swivel around to face either the front or rear and the rear seats fold up tight against the windows so I can fit just about anything in the back! I added the dvd player for long trips for DD...plus its supercharged so my DH doesnt mind driving too....the downside is...it looks like a purple jelly bean...

But I wouldnt trade the space of my van for anything smaller... Good Luck

Bmama1
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:23 PM

I SOOOOO want a van. I'm gonna have 3 in carseats soon.

gilbertgrl627
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:39 PM

My DH's grandmother just gave us her van (she doesn't drive anymore). It's a 2001 Chrysler Town & Country. Really nice van (low miles)....I think it's great. I have 2 kids (4yr old DD and 19 month old DS) and they sit in the middle (it has 2 Captain's chairs in the middle, and then a bench seat in the back) and my DD LOVES that she can open the door herself (you push a button and the door opens on it's own- but it won't open unless the car is in park). We're in Colorado, and I'll be driving the van to Florida in August. So far, I really like it

mabelrose
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:40 PM

2002 town and country... and i love no dislikes tey have only had it a month

mama2jarednrae
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:14 PM

I wish I had one.  Dh didn't listen to me when we bought the suv...now he wishes he did!

bhwrn1
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Town and Country Touring. I just got it in Nov. I like that the seats stow. It has two DVD players. Lots of storage space. I can't plus my iPhone into it to use the iPod feature, tho. But I can load songs into the hard drive, so that's neat. I haven't found anything I really dislike about it yet. We're taking it on an 8 hour drive to NC in two weeks, so I'll see how it does on long trips.

foistela
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:16 PM

I have a 2003 Chrysler Town and Country and love it. I would suggest you not get a 2003 though because it has a transmission issue for just that model year that cannot be fixed. Lucky me, huh? lol!

Owner of 

Admin of Fall 2008 babies

Mandymb
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:17 PM

I have a Toyota Sienna. I love it. Can't think of anything I don't like about it. I have been driving it for 4 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)