Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

family groups

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:42 PM
  • 10 Replies

with the cost everything going up i heard about a group of families getting together buying grocerys in bulk and getting equal shares... any ideas on this...and if there is overwhelming support for this maybe we should list our cities so other mom intrested can find you.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmama1
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Wow this sounds interesting.

touchingstars
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:45 PM

some families have done it and it worked.... ive been thinking about doing it for my family and my bf works as ups so we get a discount at samsclub i think... but every family puts in an equal amount of money and then lists are made and how each family group works it depends on what they descide

mama2jarednrae
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:12 PM

My mom and I do this at Sam's Club.  Then we are splitting a cow w/ a friend.  This will be the 1st time we have done this so not sure how it will all go down.

RADmomma
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:18 PM

my friend and I do this at BJ's. We sit down at the begining of each month, sort through the coupons, make a list of what we need, figure out the total and split it. If we buy anything additional in the store we just figure it into the total or ring that item out personally. Then we have to go home and divide it all out!

I dont think I could do this with a number of people but 2 or 3 families is a great idea! I know we save alot in coupons, bulk prices, less gas to and from the store and not as much impulse buying!!

bhwrn1
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:52 PM

Never heard of this. I don't think I know enough people to do this.

.Angelica.
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:22 PM

that's an intresting idea..

touchingstars
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:34 PM

you dont have to know people you find other people in your area who are intrested you set the guidelines as a group how yall wnt it to work... it can be neighbors, co workers, some on her said they and friends or relatives do it....

touchingstars
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:37 PM

if anyone is intrested i live in nw houston just message me and we can see what we can work out..

rHOPEb
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:38 PM

neat idea....

sophiesmom07
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Sounds like a good idea in theory, but I'd be weary of making any transactions involving money with a group of people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)