Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

from baby to "big" girl

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:25 PM
  • 5 Replies

Yesterday we were given a day bed and so switched 2 yr old DD from her crib to a big girl bed.  We also took this opportunity to try leaving her in big girl undies all night instead of using a diaper.  

I'm happy and proud to say...SHE DID GREAT WITH BOTH!

She slept in her bed all night, no problem.  And she stayed dry all night!  

Now, getting her to sleep was another story. haha.  We usually leave her closet light on and close the doors so that she can have a little light.  Well, now with her newfound freedom, she decided playing in her closet would be fun.  So, I went in to check on her and found her playing with a bag of clothes in her closet, without any pants on.  I called in my hubby to see and we had a good laugh about it.   I guess we won't be leaving her closet light on anymore...too much temptation!

Also, this morning I worked on turning her room into more of a big girl room.  I took out her changing table, moved her dresser out from her closet, and will be cleaning out her closet more tomorrow to bring some of her toys in.  

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TxMommyOfBoys
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:27 PM

pics!

shortmama83
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:28 PM

I'll take some after nap time!

Quoting TxMommyOfBoys:

pics!

octee
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Congratulations on both!  Huge steps! 

momoftwins_2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:02 PM

yay! I remember doing all that stuff with my girls! Their room looked so different without cribs and a changing table

shortmama83
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 4:20 PM

Umm...so I forgot to take pics.  But I just have to add that last night wasn't quite as successful. haha.  I kind of expected it though.  She still did really great, but she wet her bed around midnight.  

Then she either fell out of bed, or fell after getting out of bed, twice.  Poor girl.  I felt so bad for her.  But it didn't seem to phase her a bit.  Both times she just wanted to crawl back in bed and go back to sleep...which is definitely a different story than when she was in her crib and would wake up at night.  Usually she just wanted OUT!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)