Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Electronic prescriptions

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:04 PM
  • 29 Replies
Have any of you experienced this? Where you go to your kids dr for a sick visit and they send the rx via computer to the pharmacy. And anyways if you have experienced this, do you like it? Have you had any problems with it? Today i did and im not pleased. If i had the good ole old fashioned paper rx i would not have had the problem. So my son had a sick visit today at ten fifteen. Their office is usually on time, but the called us back at like eleven. First time for that and i have been going there since he was born and he is almost 3 and a half. Well we got out quick. He has a small sore throat and cough. She prescribed amoxicillan. So on the way nut i confirmed it was the right pharmacy. They say 2 give it fifteen mins. I drove straight from the dr to the pharmacy drive thru. They didnt have it yet. I parked and waited like twenty mins or so. They still didnt have it. I called the dr office at twelve o four. Ugh i forgot they go to lunch at twelve. I had to wait til after their lunch. I talked to one of the assistants. The order went through at twelve fourty two. In this base technology is not always better, but doing it this way saves paper. They need to improve the system or something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen113000
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:08 PM

I've had problems with it sometimes... I've had to do it acouple of times... one time they accidently put my son was born in 1906... instead of 2006 LOL... so they didn't fill it until I got there and I corrected it... I will say I do miss the papers but understand its better for the environment to not waste paper on them...

bamababe1975
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:53 PM
We've had it done a lot, but only had trouble 1 time because the pharmacy they sent it to had a computer problem. All they had to do, though, was call the doc and have them fax it to them instead.
2007mommy2be
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:15 PM
Oh wow. Nineteen o six, lol. Yeah i miss the paper too, only because of having to wait on them o send etc.

Quoting jen113000:

I've had problems with it sometimes... I've had to do it acouple of times... one time they accidently put my son was born in 1906... instead of 2006 LOL... so they didn't fill it until I got there and I corrected it... I will say I do miss the papers but understand its better for the environment to not waste paper on them...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2007mommy2be
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:16 PM
Did they call and have them fax, or make you wait? And oh yeah that would suck a day a place has pc problems. Ugh!

Quoting bamababe1975:

We've had it done a lot, but only had trouble 1 time because the pharmacy they sent it to had a computer problem. All they had to do, though, was call the doc and have them fax it to them instead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:35 PM

If I need it now and plan to go directly to the pharmacy after, I always ask for a written script.

If I can wait to pick it up I have them call it or email it or fax it in.

AmyG1976
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:39 PM

humm no never heard of that. I have heard of them just calling it in but that is not known to be done right then and there but after the nurses have time at the end of the day to do it.

.Angelica.
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:13 PM

I've never got a prescription like that before. I've always had it on a paper I take in.

Cryssie2107
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:14 PM
It always just seems to take 4ever!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmama1
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:25 PM
Oh my goodness that would have had me so irritated!
MadLikeAHatter
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Our medical office uses that, and our docs hate it. lol!!! So we write paper scripts, or call in the medications.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)