Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going to have a new sibling!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:53 PM
  • 16 Replies

Well, just finished taking the test and it's positive....don't know if I'm happy, scared, sad or shocked! We were using BC, not trying and not very active (due to work schedule). So my kids are gonna have a new sibling.       

Not sure how to tell DH, he is not gonna be happy, at least not at first. He didn't really want to have anymore children before we had our son together. The reason for that is he didn't want to be "old" when our kids were grown. We will be 50 and 49 when this new one is 18. I know thats not old but before youngest son was born we were going to be 39 and 38 when the youngest was 18! Big difference! LOL

Wow, I'm really rambling here, sorry! Just in shock! So anyone in my shoes, expecting again? Really glad he is taking some time off this weekend, I'll have 5 days to get up the nerve to tell him. The sooner the better, but I cant tell him over the phone and he works nights!

Thanks for reading!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Londyns07mommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:26 PM
Congratulations!! I'm sure after the shock he will be happy :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Congrats! Children are a blessing! Not expecting, but I have a 3 mth old. I'm sure the whole family will be happy when the shock wears off! 

Mrs.wilcox01
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:50 PM

congrats!! live for today not tomorrow..even though you guys will be 50 and 49 you will have the others to baby sit while you two can get alone time...

Bmama1
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:20 PM
Congrats!!! It'll all work out! I'm expecting twins in 2-5 weeks.
PrincemomX2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:57 PM

I hear you about it not being planned. My husband had just gotten home from a deployment my daught was about to turn two i had just got out the Army to have her and in school fulltime, when I found out I was pregnant. Its been a rough six months adjusting to the thought of another baby but we are still excited as the days get closer. All your worries kinda just fade away.

momoftwins_2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:15 PM
Congrats mama. I just had a baby and he is the best decision we've ever made!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmaLeeMaLa
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:18 PM

I honestly hope to be in your shoes soon... Been trying for #3 for 9 months and still waiting. With our first we will be 36 once he turns 18 and 40 when our daughter is 18. I would love another child and wait for the day.  I am sure it sounds scary and shocking especially when you dont try but there is no greater joy than that of a precious baby in your life.

RedheadMama18
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:36 AM
Congratulations! I would love to be pregnant again. Been trying for 14 months for our second.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 7:01 AM
Good luck and lots of baby dust to all the mommas that are trying! I am not as shocked this morning and more excited! Thanks for all the encouragement!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyMays
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 7:23 AM

Congrats! My Mom had another one 16 years after I was born. It was a shock to her, but she LOVES it now!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)