Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

sand in his ear

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2011 at 12:48 AM
  • 6 Replies
A few WEEKS ago we went to the beach and ds got pummeled by a wave and had a face full of sand. I thought we did a good job rinising him off but today he was picking at his ear so I got a flashlight and looked inside it. He has sand in there pretty deep. Any suggestions on how to get it out since I dont wann push it further in with a Q-tip? My grandma suggested using a syringe to flush warm water in his ear to dislodge the sand. I think thats what ill do and if it doesnt work take him to the dr. Just curious if you ladies have any suggestions/experience with something like this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 1, 2011 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
PrissyKrissy05
by on Apr. 1, 2011 at 12:51 AM
just make sure not to do it too hard or too fast.. but flushing it out w warm water works well. make sure he has his head tipped sideways. Then even if u think u got it all, I would still go to the Dr, cuz he could have an ear infection after it being in his ear for a few weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrissyKrissy05
by on Apr. 1, 2011 at 12:52 AM
I would probably just take him to the dr before trying to flush it.. just incase there is already infection.. never know. They can get it out w those little scraper things they use to dig out wax
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zolanmel
by on Apr. 1, 2011 at 1:00 AM

i wouldnt mess with ti and go tot he dr.

3HappylKidds
by on Apr. 1, 2011 at 1:02 AM

i wouldnt try to do it yourself..you could break the eardrum or what not.. id bring him to the doctor they have tools that could get it out!

.Angelica.
by Angie on Apr. 1, 2011 at 9:53 AM

I wouldn't do anything to it. I'd just bring him to the doctor. I'd be afraid of doing more damage by pushing water in his ear.

AnGLInterrupted
by on Apr. 1, 2011 at 12:29 PM

As someone who suffered ear problems as a child.  Please take him to the doctor.  So much can go wrong, causing massive amounts of pain.  They have the tools to dislodge ear wax, sand..  beads ::shakes head at the memory:: better than us moms do!  GL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN