Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am not daddy....

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:51 PM
  • 17 Replies

My son be three in September and recently he has started calling me daddy. He knows who I am because when his dad tells him to go to mommy he goes to me. But he will walk into a room and say "Hi daddy". Is this normal? What can I do to correct this?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Just correct him and say mommy.

ddhb2007
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:30 PM

I would simply ignore him until he said mommy. 

LisaNSienna
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:32 PM

I would play along and say hi grandma or someone else he knows. That's what me and my daughter do then she gets tired of it and says, "oh mom!"

brookesmama0230
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:08 PM
My dd did this I told her iam mommy with a strong voice not mean just loud and she never did it again I also agree with just ignoring until he saids mom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviaW.
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:10 PM

Quoting ddhb2007:

PRMommy86
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Quoting ddhb2007:

aneela
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:34 PM

I'd correct him and say "i'm mommy ..mommy is a girl and daddy is a boy" or something like that.

Do you think he is somehow just trying to be funny or silly with you? Or could it be something else you think?

He is still pretty young and kids will say he for she and she for he for quite some time...

metalhealthmom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:36 PM

My son is three and does that too. 

He'll just be like "Hi Daddy. Hi Tinsley. Hi GrooGrux King" He goes through like, every name in our house and then finally settles on Mommy. I'm just like, what are you talking about? I'm not your father, nor am I one of the dogs, weirdo. LOL. 

Kristenn
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:48 PM
Haha! This is funny!! I'd do this :)

Quoting LisaNSienna:

I would play along and say hi grandma or someone else he knows. That's what me and my daughter do then she gets tired of it and says, "oh mom!"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:55 PM

I would correct him. My 3 year old likes to do that, but he does it to be funny. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)