Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

what to feed a picky toddler?

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 3:45 PM
  • 27 Replies

i need breakfast ideas, i was thinking maybe a braekfast sandwich?she wont eat eggs,   maybe  waffles? french  toast sticks? she wont eat frys or chicken nuggets yet  she likes tatertots?

by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momoftwins_2
by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 3:55 PM

fruit? w/ whole wheat toast?

mariesmama
by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Quoting momoftwins_2:

fruit? w/ whole wheat toast?

this is what i fed her this morning it got ignored

SmileyMoo
by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 5:23 PM

I offer my kids food, if they are just being picky then I wrap it up and make them eat it for the next meal. They realize their only option is to stop being picky ;)

bamababe1975
by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 5:41 PM
There are some good tricks in this thread: Picky Eaters 101
.Angelica.
by Angie on Apr. 16, 2011 at 6:47 PM

I've tried this with my son. He just won't eat for the day. I am not willing to have a battle over food for longer than that. He won't even eat it the next morning after not eating the day before. Yes, he's THAT stubborn...

Quoting SmileyMoo:

I offer my kids food, if they are just being picky then I wrap it up and make them eat it for the next meal. They realize their only option is to stop being picky ;)

SmileyMoo
by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 6:55 PM

:(

Quoting .Angelica.:

I've tried this with my son. He just won't eat for the day. I am not willing to have a battle over food for longer than that. He won't even eat it the next morning after not eating the day before. Yes, he's THAT stubborn...

Quoting SmileyMoo:

mariesmama
by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 7:05 PM

she just walked away from all 3 meals today and i fixed something she ,likes! i dont know if shes sick? teething? i swear though shes not acting sick shes still getting into stuff she knows she shouldnt

whimsyjuggalett
by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 7:07 PM

She eats whay I make of starves, IF she is hungry enough she will give in and eat the food I prepare. I am not a short order chef and I do not pamper to my children.

beccasum
by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 7:38 PM

my dd loves pancakes :) but they  have to be little ones...who knows why but if i try to give her a big one cut up she will have none of it :) but its really easy i usually have a bunch made up and frozen so when she wants some i just stick them in the microwave for 30 seconds :)

vamom08
by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 8:06 PM
Do she like sauce put sauce on certain stuff maybe she will eat it or let her pick out her breakfast foods that's what I do with my daughter and she eats what she picks out and also let her try helping you prepare the meals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN