Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dying Eggs (settle a mini debate)

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:46 PM
  • 62 Replies

Do you dye the eggs with the kids or tell them the Easter Bunny did it?

Growing up the Easter Bunny provided all that was Easter, we didn't dye eggs, or anything. I personally feel bad, I would have loved to have done the dying of the eggs. My mother lives with us, so I have continued with how we have done it my whole life, but part of me feels they are missing out on some of the fun. Whats your take?

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dramaMama407
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:49 PM
i let my kids do it...this yr we strayed from tradition by getting plastic eggs to hide because real eggs sitting outside unrefrigerated grosses me out.(i end up throwing em out) but my kids are still coloring them tonight...its cheap entertainment for them and makes great scrapbooking pages
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haleyleedy
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:51 PM
I have colored eggs every year since i can remember, i still look forward to it and so do my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:51 PM

I say if you want to let them dye them, let them. You could always tell them that the Easter bunny didn't have time to dye them this year and asked if they could do it? LOL.

When I was a kid we dyed them, but of course we also didn't believe in the Easter bunny (I had 4 older brothers. lol that should explain it all)

steffielou_who
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:54 PM

We have alaways dyed eggs and we do the same with our kids...

poshkat
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:55 PM

we dye the eggs the day before easter, than the whole family gathers in the bathroom and pours all the different colors in and than we flush and on easter sunday we have a big egg hunt with the dyed eggs and plastic eggs filled with candy and than a big candy hunt inside the house, the adults stay inside while the kids hunt the eggs to hide candy. its fun since we have such a big family. my MILs father started the dye in the toilet tradition.

KayDziedzic
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:59 PM

We dye eggs together. We tell our kids that the Easter Bunny hides their baskets but we also tell them that we buy or make the goodies or toys that are going into them. I'm not a fan of hard boiled eggs in Easter baskets due to the risk of food borne illness, but if you are putting the eggs in the baskets, how about leaving them in the fridge for the Easter Bunny to add to baskets when he comes to hide them? Your kids could 'help' the Bunny out by dying the eggs for him, but keep the tradition alive by letting the him hide them right before the kids wake up.

sophiesmom07
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:23 PM

We dye eggs and I  make her basket. She knows that everything is from us.

TNmom2three
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:24 PM

we always died the eggs. never done the easter bunny thing

blakesmommy531
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:26 PM
We always dye the eggs together
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:17 PM

We do it with the kids. They get the plastic ones from the bunny.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)