Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Temper Tantrums from Hell!!

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:34 PM
  • 7 Replies
My 21 month year old throws bad tantrums all the time! He throws himself on the ground kicking and screaming and hits his head on the floor or what ever is nearby Me and my hubby can't take him any where without him throwing tantrums if he doesn't get exactly what he wants He even throws tantrums when he's playing with his toys when he gets frustrated with them He does that on and off Its embarrassing! I don't see other kids throwing tantrums like that I don't know if there's something wrong with him or if its his age and he will grow out of it because they can get bad I don't want him to have a bad temper growing up and having anger control problems Is anybody else going threw this? Any ideas on what I should do because we already do ignore his tantrums
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MommaForever007
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:03 PM
When our son did that at that she we told him it was ok to be upset but he needed to go to his room until he could calm down. That works great for now. When he's older if there is all a problem we plan on during him productive ways to express his anger (ie hit pillow, write it down/rip it up, scream into pillow...)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeatherSumowski
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:05 PM
We started working on my DD's communication when this started. It took a while but now she talks her emotions out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momoftwins_2
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:06 PM

idk my 3 yr olds are still doing that...theyre horrible

LancesMom
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Quoting HeatherSumowski:

We started working on my DD's communication when this started. It took a while but now she talks her emotions out

Good idea!

cp2009
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:38 PM

my 4yr old started doing that and she goes in time out until she can calm down and she usually does and then is back to playing nice :) for a little bit. I just explain to her why she is getting a time out and she usually agrees with me why lol... too cute any way sorry... do you guys get frustrated and yell when he does that? I used to and I am trying hard to not do it and be nice and calm to her. It usually works.. Good luck

Autumn19
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:40 PM

good luck i cant find anything to work for my 4 yr old.

bhwrn1
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 2:54 PM

My oldest and middle were both like this at that age. I just let them throw the tantrums. Didn't care what others thought. I would make sure they are safe and just let them at it. Ignoring was the best thing. I didn't give in. Giving in just set things up in a bad way b/c then they thought they could get me every time. Eventually, they realized that it didn't get them anywhere and would calm down. My LO is 22 months and he screams and screams...I ignore once again. There's nothing wrong with your child. It is totally normal. They are exerting their independence.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)