Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Peppa Pig on Nick jr.... inappropriate content for kids

Posted by   + Show Post

So earlier my 4yr old was watching Peppa Pig on Nick Jr and I was listening to it.. Well to make this short they used the word stupid and Tom  Dick and Harry. This is a pre-school channel. I am upset about this. I know that my daughter will learn these things but it shouldn't be from a educational program. Ladies am I wrong here? Any im-put...  I also emailed Nick Jr to complain.

by on Apr. 30, 2011 at 1:50 PM
Replies (71-75):
Sigmalade
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:09 PM

we don't watch peppa the pig, but i have started monitoring ny ds shows' a little bit more closer. he started saying stupid and it just doesn't sound right coming from the mouth of a three year old. spongebob is the worst with them saying dumb all the time. my aunt accused me of arguing in front of him(which I would not do because of my own screwed childhood), and she said he kept calling himself stupid and dumb.

HippiePotpie
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:17 PM

As long as they didn't say Tom is stupid because his dick is hairy I don't see the problem.

jesusgirl76
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:57 PM
You are not wrong at all. My hubby was concerned about the way they look as well
ejsmom4604
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:00 AM

My little guy doesn't like Peppa Pig, so usually the channel is changed to Disney Jr when it's on or I put on On Demand. It's a bit harder to block out that stuff since my oldest is almost 9 and LOVES Sponge Bob...~sigh~ yeah that's an interesting one at times lol. Thankfully the oldest tells the little guy "this is a naughty word, you don't say that to anyone" and my lil guy says "Oookaaay" lol, 

ToughLilMan1208
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:47 AM
When its just my son and I, he only watches Disney Jr-Mickey Mouse, Doc McStuffins ect, PBS kids, and Sprout. When DH gets home, our son has seen foul language tv, it upsets me, and hubby knows it, but he doesn't always correct it. DS likes Rediculousness (not appropriate, but DH lets him), and Gator Boys (which I let him watch, cause Jimmy a family friend). I encourage good programing all day and although DS has used some foul words, he's reminded daily, to watch his mouth, and I don't mind using soap after the 1st warning
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)