Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

terrible play dates

Posted by on May. 10, 2011 at 8:25 PM
  • 16 Replies
Well my ds is 2.5 and he's is very good at home and with his baby sister but he isn't good with younger kids :( he trys to be rough and won't share. I teach him sharing and he's good with us. I do still put him in time out or his room if he is bad after warnings. I'm just afraid to let him play with other younger kids. He yells tales toys away and shoves :( I do discipline but he still kept acting up. Any suggestions? He's fine with older kids I don't get it. Maybe jes jelous of his baby sister?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 10, 2011 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crimsonangel180
by on May. 10, 2011 at 9:11 PM
I think its the age. My kids are having a really hard time sharing. I wouldn't keep him away from other kids ( unless they're really little) I still do a lot of playdates even though my kids tantrum frequently. Just keep reinforcing it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by on May. 10, 2011 at 10:09 PM

I agree it could be his age, but be consistent with him. Continue your time outs etc.

army_wifey_06
by on May. 10, 2011 at 10:10 PM

I think it's an age thing! It sounds like you are doing everything right. Just give him some time and I sure it will get much better!

Bmama1
by on May. 10, 2011 at 10:29 PM
My 2yr old is kind of the same also. Hope it don't last long. Good luck!
Kittlesdesigns
by on May. 10, 2011 at 10:34 PM

It's def the age! This is the age where they are just beginning to understand what sharing is and how to behave. Positive parenting is extremely helpful. Show him how he should behave and teach him how to share.  Don't keep him away from the other kids because then he'll never learn. It gets better with age I promise!  : )

Emberbaby
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2011 at 10:54 PM
Stay consistent on his time outs and discipline and he will be out of that phase before you know it:)
angelbaby8486
by on May. 11, 2011 at 7:38 AM
Yea I think he just needs to get used to playing and sharing with other kids since he's. Not in day care or anything.

Quoting crimsonangel180:

I think its the age. My kids are having a really hard time sharing. I wouldn't keep him away from other kids ( unless they're really little) I still do a lot of playdates even though my kids tantrum frequently. Just keep reinforcing it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbaby8486
by on May. 11, 2011 at 7:40 AM
Yea that's the hard part the consistency. Its hard putting him in time out when dh is at work and I have a teething 6 month old. So when he won't sit in time out if I'm holding the baby I have to put him in his room. Seems to be working

Quoting LancesMom:

I agree it could be his age, but be consistent with him. Continue your time outs etc.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbaby8486
by on May. 11, 2011 at 7:43 AM
Yea I also believe in positive parenting. My cousins daughter yelled and yanked a toy away and she slapped her on the hand or face. I wouldn't do that to my kids. I'm also teaching ds emotions and I tell him its olk to be mad and he goess "mmmmmm I'm MAD mumma MAD" so he knows.thanks everyone for your replies :) it will get betteer

Quoting Kittlesdesigns:

It's def the age! This is the age where they are just beginning to understand what sharing is and how to behave. Positive parenting is extremely helpful. Show him how he should behave and teach him how to share.  Don't keep him away from the other kids because then he'll never learn. It gets better with age I promise!  : )

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
foistela
by on May. 11, 2011 at 8:56 AM

Good luck! 

Quoting angelbaby8486:

Yea I also believe in positive parenting. My cousins daughter yelled and yanked a toy away and she slapped her on the hand or face. I wouldn't do that to my kids. I'm also teaching ds emotions and I tell him its olk to be mad and he goess "mmmmmm I'm MAD mumma MAD" so he knows.thanks everyone for your replies :) it will get betteer

Quoting Kittlesdesigns:

Owner of 

Admin of Fall 2008 babies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN