Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to get through to my son? HELP!!

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:12 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have 3 kids, Ryder is the youngest. I have two older girls. Yes, they  got in trouble here and there. Like when my middle child was 2 she covered herself head to toe in peanut butter..My oldest has 'poo' painted.. But those things happened 'one time'.. and afterwards 'they got it'..My son however.. Constantly in trouble over and over..Just yesterday he poored a whole box of Chex cereal onto my carpet..Then 5 minutes before I had to leave.. He poured a whole bag of powdered sugar on his head. (yes, I made puppy chow),..Nothing gets through to the kid.. Any suggetions? AT WHITS END here!!

by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MommaClark3
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:48 PM

Hold your hand over the left ear, talk into the right ear, and hope most of it doesn't escape the other side....

sidesplittinglaughter

Ok, seriously.... doing it over and over again, and lots of patience... until they finally get it

~*Beverly*~
http://motherofallboyz.blogspot.com/

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 12:54 PM

does he have his own cabnit in the kictchen ....my little brother was like that gettng into every thing so my mom poored ceral or snacks into zippy bags and stocked a cabnit with one back a day and other toys an dsuch just for him and it was his own space in there and after some gentle directions he soon was not getting into things and a very content toddler 

emarin77
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:12 PM

continuous time out if child misbehaves, explain what they did wrong when you sit them and right before they leave their time out.  make sure the child repeats to you what they did wrong,  believe me, it works if you continually do it

amonkeymom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Yum, puppy chow!  lol

Your youngest sounds a lot like mine.  Some kids just need to be told a few times to figure it out and some kids just don't think of the consequences before they commit to the actions (my son is this way still & he's 10).  One thing that did help was finding something that he loves (food, especially dessert foods/sweets) and reminding him before hand that if he does x, y, or z that he would not be allowed to partake in those things with the rest of us.  

shortmama83
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:47 PM
Mmmmm! Puppy chow! Hope you got a new box and didn't have to use the one he poured over his head! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)