Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there anything I can do for her? PIOG

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:15 PM
  • 8 Replies

My daughter is 3 and has been potty trained for over a year.  Yesterday and today however she has wet herself several times without even seeming to notice.  So, I am assuming she has a UTI.  So my questions are what can I do until we can get her to the doctor?  Is there any point where we should take her to the ER instead (we will obviously avoid that unless completely necessary)?  She doesn't seem to be in any pain or anything.  Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!

by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Shy_Dia
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:19 PM

i hear cranberry juice helps.... but i wouldnt know how much for sure she has one.. i mean, arent they supposed to be painful? like to the point where you dont wanna go to the bathroom; or at least burns and hurts...? could be wrong- or it could just be different people, different symptoms/affects on people. lol

ZoeCY
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:21 PM

See that is what I thought as well but my mom said that my sister had one when she was little and it ended up getting pretty bad because it was never painful or anything like that.  I will definitely ask the doctor about that though, hoepfully we can get her in on Monday.

Quoting Shy_Dia:

i hear cranberry juice helps.... but i wouldnt know how much for sure she has one.. i mean, arent they supposed to be painful? like to the point where you dont wanna go to the bathroom; or at least burns and hurts...? could be wrong- or it could just be different people, different symptoms/affects on people. lol

Halies_mom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:29 PM

They never hurt me when I get them. But cranberry juice does help out alot. Get her some cranapple or something. Most kids don't like straight cranberry juice. Hope things get better.

I am a Walmart shopping, disposable diaper using, formula feeding, binky for my sanity, spanking when needed, started having kids as a teen, kids come first, don't care what my house looks like, Wants a big family, doesn't believe in abortion, red meat eating, junk food loving, hates being home type of mom

ZoeCY
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Okay thanks!!  I was just about to ask if cranapple would work instead.

Quoting Halies_mom:

They never hurt me when I get them. But cranberry juice does help out alot. Get her some cranapple or something. Most kids don't like straight cranberry juice. Hope things get better.

bebe_ju-rah
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:42 PM
Make sure you clean her business well with anti-bacterial soap and giver her cranberry juice until she gets to the dr. My dd and I are both prone to them. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:43 PM
My dd like the low fat cran, its less tart. OR 1/2 water.

Quoting Halies_mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:43 PM
My dd likes the low fat cran, its less tart. OR 1/2 water.

Quoting Halies_mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:46 PM

cranberry juice prevents them try cranapple

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)