Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

My 4 year old is always saying she is tired. Im getting worry

Posted by on May. 24, 2011 at 4:29 PM
  • 17 Replies

Ok so my 4 year old has been saying this for a while now. This usually happen in the morning. We walk to school and is not far but like 3 mins into the walking she tells me she is tired. Sometimes she tells me she  is tired as soon as she wakes up. Now this is what is confusing me, she would tell me she is tired but as soon as we get to school she is fine. She is in school from 8:30 to 11:30 and now has started to take naps like around 3pm almost every day. I know sometimes she gets bored and I think that has at lot to do with the im tired mentality. I don't know if i should take her to the doc and ask a blood test to see if there is anything wrong. She also complaints that her legs hurt. She goes to bed at around 8:30 or 9pm and is up by 7:30. Should I be concern? 

by on May. 24, 2011 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whimsyjuggalett
by on May. 24, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Thats scary, My niece is 6 and come to find out she has narcolepsy, dont know if it is because of a child tumor or what yet though.

barnwell84
by on May. 24, 2011 at 4:32 PM

I tell my 4-year-old to do something and she tells me she can't because she's scared.  She's apparently scared of everything from opening the door, putting her shoes on, going to get a blanket for her sister, or getting out of the bathtub.  Everything scares her.  She told me she was scared today when I asked her to pick her toys up, so I said fine and that I was throwing them away.  She ran to her room quickly and picked them up.

allabout11708
by on May. 24, 2011 at 4:33 PM
weird.. my ds turned 3 in January anf he is always telling me he is tired too. and he complains of his feet hurting... always. I even bought nee shoes for him so idk. growing pains, maybe?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crimsonangel180
by on May. 24, 2011 at 4:33 PM
Is she only saying it when bored or asked to do something?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TruthSeeker.
by on May. 24, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Hey anon. Nice to see you here:)

Is she going through a growth spurt? Does she seem to be eating more? Mine will eat and sleep a little more through a spurt?

You could always have her iron levels checked to make sure she is getting enough iron. Anemia can cause you to be over tired.

Do you give multivitamins? You could always try some flintstones for a few weeks to see if she starts feeling a bit better.

With diet, maybe try to get her to eat some high protein foods(eggs, pb, etc).

With the legs hurting, my 6 yr old is also going through this and it's been determined it's probably just growing pains.

anon421
by on May. 24, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Quoting crimsonangel180:

Is she only saying it when bored or asked to do something?

sometimes she says she is tired when bored. And if u ask her to do something she is always tired lol. She tends to be tired in the morning when she wakes up but 5 mins later she is fine. 

anon421
by on May. 24, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Hey anon. Nice to see you here:)Hey, nice to see you too. 

Is she going through a growth spurt? Does she seem to be eating more? Mine will eat and sleep a little more through a spurt?She seems to eat at lot more, she is always hungry and everyone tells me how tall she is lol. to me she is the same to others she is growing. 

You could always have her iron levels checked to make sure she is getting enough iron. Anemia can cause you to be over tired.

Do you give multivitamins? You could always try some flintstones for a few weeks to see if she starts feeling a bit better.I give her vitamins but not all the time.I have the ones called my gummy first multivitamins  and my mom bought her some called Apetonil. Some Spanish vitamins 

With the legs hurting, my 6 yr old is also going through this and it's been determined it's probably just growing pains.

I did notice when I gave her vitamins everyday she wasn't as tired.

Hey, nice to see you too.

TruthSeeker.
by on May. 24, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Quoting anon421:

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Is she going through a growth spurt? Does she seem to be eating more? Mine will eat and sleep a little more through a spurt?She seems to eat at lot more, she is always hungry and everyone tells me how tall she is lol. to me she is the same to others she is growing. 

Do you give multivitamins? You could always try some flintstones for a few weeks to see if she starts feeling a bit better.I give her vitamins but not all the time.I have the ones called my gummy first multivitamins  and my mom bought her some called Apetonil. Some Spanish vitamins 

It really sounds like a growth spurt to me. Try to go back to giving her the daily vitamins and if she likes bananas they are good for leg cramps. Good luck!!

stardust1121
by on May. 24, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Could she be anemic?

anon421
by on May. 24, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting anon421:

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

It really sounds like a growth spurt to me. Try to go back to giving her the daily vitamins and if she likes bananas they are good for leg cramps. Good luck!!

Thanks, I didn't even notice I wrote the same thing twice lol. I just gave her some vitamins a few mins ago. Lets see if they work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)