Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Snack and meal ideas?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:59 AM
  • 8 Replies
I'm running out of snack and meal ideas for my toddler. She's a picky eater! what do your toddlers like?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
2and2onway
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:02 AM

We do a lot of meat and cheese sticks with crackers for both lunches and snacks. Nutella is a new favorite for them, we put it on bagels. Homemade pepperoni pizza croissants. As for snacks we make frozen fresh fruit pops, fishies, cheese itz, raisins, fresh fruit, string cheese etc.

.Angelica.
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:54 AM

what kinds of foods does she not like? My son is very picky.

LovinLifeMomma
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:07 AM

My 2 year old recently is loving carrot sticks and ranch dip (I cut them into very thin strips/sticks), yogurt, all-natural chicken nuggets, and all-natural fruit gummies for snacks.  Crackers too, the cheddar bunnies. 

For meals, she loves any kind of pasta (whole grain only),  chicken meatballs or meatloaf, bean and cheese barritos, broccoli or peas as a side, whole grain bread and butter, tuna casserole...

Those things are her favs, but we try to keep introducing new things all the time and switch it up every week.  It's really hard though when they try a food and love it, and then only seem to want that, I know!

LKjoy930
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:55 AM
PB & J, chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, all fruit especially bananas, crackers, cheese, nutri grain bars, scrambled eggs, yogurt, fries. That pretty much all she'll eat. I put vitamins in her milk at dinner to help lost nutrients.

Quoting .Angelica.:

what kinds of foods does she not like? My son is very picky.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortmama83
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:03 AM
I've been making smoothies for my 2 yr old. You can add in veggies and they never know because the fruit covers the taste! I add in fresh spinach leaves, a slice of cucumber, occasionally some zucchini. Just whatever we have already sliced up. I also add a little flax seed to it. Helps me get some veggies in her diet when she normally wouldn't eat them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:08 AM

My dd likes (meal and snack ideas off the top of my head): breakfast foods- omelettes, sausage, pancakes, cream of wheat, tuna on crackers, tuna melts, homemade beef and vegetable soup, chicken noodle soup (homemade or Lipton Noodle soup- great in a pinch!) Meatballs, rice with a little butter, chicken, cold cuts and cheese rolled up, any kind of meat,  turkey chili, hotdogs, pizza, mozarella cheese sticks...  

nf1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:31 PM

we do smoothies all the time!!!

Quoting shortmama83:

I've been making smoothies for my 2 yr old. You can add in veggies and they never know because the fruit covers the taste! I add in fresh spinach leaves, a slice of cucumber, occasionally some zucchini. Just whatever we have already sliced up. I also add a little flax seed to it. Helps me get some veggies in her diet when she normally wouldn't eat them.

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 5:27 PM

chicken, mac and cheese, apples, grapes, crackers and cheese, cheese sticks, soup, pasta, fish sticks, toast with peanut butter, cheese crackers or peanut butter crackers, raisins

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)