Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you let down a 3 yr old and be ok with it (small vent)

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:03 AM
  • 9 Replies

A few weeks ago we went grocery shopping and my son somehow dropped his woobie, a small bear that he has had since birth that he drags everywhere with him and cannot sleep without. We searched the entire store and no one turned it in. I could not afford to purchase a new one and found some on Ebay. I placed a wish up on a WUAH site. Someone offered to grant it so we told my son Woobie was at the Woobie Dr getting fixed to come home. This was 3 weeks ago, 2 weeks ago the lady finally got back to me and said it was on its way. She wont answer my emails, so I emailed the one who sold it on Ebay and she informed me that the Woobie was not bought by that lady or sent to me. I am so upset that this person, who was not forced to even read my wish, offered to grant it and then lied to me about it. I am so upset about this. I put up another wish and hoping someone will grant it. 

Braden and his best friend Woobie!

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
shortmama83
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:33 AM
I'm sure that's very frustrating. I'm sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faithlives
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:51 AM
Have he been doing well without it after two weeks? If so I wouldn't even buy another one. Or I'd get a diff one. Walmart sell some like that in the baby department.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:56 AM

aww i'm sorry.

2and2onway
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Quoting faithlives:

Have he been doing well without it after two weeks? If so I wouldn't even buy another one. Or I'd get a diff one. Walmart sell some like that in the baby department.

No he isnt doing well, someone else is now granting the wish on there. This is a Target brand lovey and its discontinued kind now so they are only on Ebay and other resell places for double and triple the original prices.

brit0813
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:27 AM
My son lost his back in February, a week before we moved. He still talks about it :( his came with a blanket from khols back in 07. Have not been able to find a replacement. Plus my son doesn't handle change well, so we have good days and bad days. Good luck getting the new one!!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamanthaAgain
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Awwww, that's horrible!  Why would she even make the offer if she wasn't going to follow through?  I hope he can get a new one!

sophiesmom07
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Aww, that's so mean! Why would someone do that?

nf1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:52 PM

i`m so sorry.

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 5:21 PM

That is terrible. Why would someone do that? I hope that you get the wish granted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)