Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want it all...

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:21 PM
  • 17 Replies

Hello, ladies! I am looking for a good set of preschool learning toys. I want it all, and I am willing to pay decent money. I want manipulatives for sorting, adding, and subtracting, flash cards, letters, numbers, shapes colors, seasons, telling time, learning about money, all of it. Good, sturdy toys that you would find in a Kindergarten classroom or daycare. Any idea where I can find this?

I am an attachment parenting, co-bathing, sometimes co-sleeping, kiss on the lips, soon to be homeschooling, strong believer in early intervention, lead by example, know my place as a woman, go to church, get involved, teenage stay at home kind of Mom who is married to the man of my dreams and has one Super Cool Toddler and one Little Angel In Heaven.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaSulli2005
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Honestly Barnes and Noble has tons of stuff!! I've gotten a lot from them. And Walmart has workbooks and flash cards for almost anything you can think of.

Kristenn
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:23 PM

I bought my flash cards for letters, numbers, etc at Walmart. I bought a few different pre-k learning books from walmart. I bought some computer games with learning activities on them from Fry's the electronic store in our area. We got block toys and puzzles from Target. They have the big cardboard type different color blocks and plastic connects, kinda like legos at Toys R us.

kenziesmom809
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:24 PM
A teacher supply store? We have a few in our area
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kristenn
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Good idea!

Quoting kenziesmom809:

nf1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:29 PM

i love barnes nd Nobles!!!

nf1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:30 PM

oh,yea!!!

Quoting kenziesmom809:

ZoeCY
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Oh shoot!  There were a bunch of catalogs that my MIL used to get (she is a retired teacher of grades K-3) but I can't think of what any of them were right now.  I worked with her and would always try to remember them because I was (and still am) considering homeschooling.  Here is a bump for you in hopes that I can remember!

ZoeCY
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:38 PM

http://www.constructiveplaythings.com/cgi-bin/s.sh/2.0/index.html#

You could check here and see what they have.  That was one of them, I know there were at least 5 more hmm... 

faithlives
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:43 PM

I've gotten a lot of Leapfrog stuff from Walmart - but Barnes and Noble have TONS of toys believe it or not - it could be quite expensive. BUT if you want to really feel like a teacher, go to a teacher supply store like School Aids. http://www.schoolaids.com/ That store is like heaven for those who want to teach their children whatever they can.

neh57
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:31 AM

http://shop.teachingstuffshop.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)