Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler and babies, he will NOT leave them alone.

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:50 PM
  • 12 Replies

My ds1 is 2 and the twins are 9 weeks and ds1 will just not leave them alone. I understand he's curios and he loves his brothers but I'm about to pull my hair out. When the twins are sleeping, he'll run up and yell in there face and they wake up. I've had to stop him from picking them up like 3 times. I just feel so bad because he was the baby and now he has to share with not just 1 but 2 babies. He's always pulling on there fingers too for some reason. He just doesn't understand that he has to be gentle. Anybody else go through this? And how did you help them understand? Oh and I let him help me in every way I can. Like he helps me make bottles for them and do laundry and fold baby blankets. All that stuff. HELP!

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nf1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:08 PM

hugs

Bmama1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:22 PM
Bump... Anybody?
2and2onway
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Get him a baby of his own and let him care for his baby. This worked for my oldest when he was 25 months old and my dd was born.

Bmama1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Thats a good idea! And he kinda has started doing it with his popeye stuffed animal! He keeps trying to swaddle him. lol

Quoting 2and2onway:

Get him a baby of his own and let him care for his baby. This worked for my oldest when he was 25 months old and my dd was born.

2and2onway
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Quoting Bmama1:

Thats a good idea! And he kinda has started doing it with his popeye stuffed animal! He keeps trying to swaddle him. lol

Quoting 2and2onway:

My son breastfed his baby, was very cute and of course 10 yrs ago I didnt have a camera lol

Bmama1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:00 PM

lol How cute! When I was pumping, ds would see me and then one day he got a hold of the pump and put it up to his belly button. hahaha

Quoting 2and2onway:

Quoting Bmama1:

Quoting 2and2onway:

My son breastfed his baby, was very cute and of course 10 yrs ago I didnt have a camera lol

2and2onway
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:12 AM

When Briana was about 8 weeks old I had her on a blanket on the floor for tummy time, Jeremiah was watching cartoons next to her. I went to get him drink, she started to cry I asked him to give her a pacifier, she stopped crying and i could here her sucking feverishly and knew she was hungry, then i heard a scream. Yep he tried to breast feed his sister. I tease him about it all the time, its the story that gets told the most in my house.

Quoting Bmama1:

lol How cute! When I was pumping, ds would see me and then one day he got a hold of the pump and put it up to his belly button. hahaha

Quoting 2and2onway:

Quoting Bmama1:

Quoting 2and2onway:

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 6:15 PM

I went through it with my middle. He just didn't understand. I just had to keep telling him over and over again until he got it. If it was something that required discipline, then I did so. I had him help when it was appropriate. Got him involved so he was redirected.

mama2jarednrae
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Mine was 4 when his sister was born so I didn't have too much of an issue with him but I like the idea of the baby!

I guess another thing is just keep reminding him it should sink in eventually!

Good luck!!

Bmama1
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Thanks ladies. Yeah I hope he gets it sooner rather than later. lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)