Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dreams and Instinct

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:34 PM
  • 3 Replies

I'm 8 months pregnant.  When I was earlier in my pregnancy, I kept thinking I was going to have a girl.  With dd, I always knew deep down I was having her.  I had dreams about it and just knew.  Well with this pregnancy, the time came and we were told we are having a boy.  DH has 3 boys and a girl with his first wife.  He said he can't see the penis and stuff on the ultrasound.  I can't either but of course I never could see anything besides the head and what not with dd.  DH thinks it's the amblical cord the dr. saw as the penis.  DH belives in the old wives tales about if you're carrying a certain way or if the baby has a certain heart rate, it's going to be a girl.  I don't know what I believe.  I don't care as long as the baby is healthy.

I keep having dreams though that I'm going to lose my mucus plug soon or that my water is going to break while DH is at work.  It freaks me out a little because I don't know if this is normal.  I didn't have the labor is coming dreams with DD.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
.Angelica.
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:42 PM

I think it's normal to worry about things like that. which i believe will make you dream about it. and the only way to know 100% what gender is waiting for it to be born. lol

mariesmama
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:20 PM

igot really restless the night before labor

bhwrn1
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:20 PM

I agree it's normal to worry. I was too afraid to find out b/c I had a friend who was told it was a girl and, oops, it's a boy. She bought all pink stuff, decorated the room, etc. I just didn't want to be stuck in that position!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)