Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Day Potty Training Method

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:33 PM
  • 25 Replies

I did this with my son over the 3 day weekend and it WORKED!! I am so excited to finally have him potty trained. He just turned 3 and I thought it would be very difficult because up until we did this he out right REFUSED to have anything at all to do with the potty.. I am so impressed that it actually worked that I thought Id pass along the idea. 

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
karenl
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Congrats!

MSROCKY
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:39 PM

What was it you actually did?  My son who is 5 y/o & Autistic seems to understands but is being lazy!  It was hard fro me to train my 7 y/o as well when he was about 3 y/o.....

.Angelica.
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:40 PM

I've heard great things about it. But it definitely isn't for every kid. My son got very frustrated with the process. But glad it worked for your son!

SoniaL
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:37 PM

I hear it mentioned a lot. my 4th and final kiddo has decided she is ready and has been using the potty this week so I don't need to use it. But I wondered what is involved in it since people recommend it a lot.

zolanmel
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:42 PM
what is it???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zolanmel
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:43 PM
My 4 y.o. aspie gets lazy and pees her pants to.

Quoting MSROCKY:

What was it you actually did?  My son who is 5 y/o & Autistic seems to understands but is being lazy!  It was hard fro me to train my 7 y/o as well when he was about 3 y/o.....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elle.O.V.E
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Though I'm not sure what you actually did, congrats on the PT victory!

SoniaL
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:15 PM

ok. I lloked htis up. it was a bit hush-hush on the site, since they want you to buy the book. But it seems insane! lol I was reading the FAQs and one was "I have a toddler and an infant. Cna i do the 3 day method w/ my toddler and care for my infant myself?" the answer? "Probably not"

It says it is 3 days if intensity versus 3 motnhs of all the icky stuff according to them.  I have 4 kids. My youngest is PLing now. i ahve NEVER had to do it for 3 months.

I would liek to hear more baout ti from someone who has done it becaus eit sounds a bit much to me.

.Angelica.
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:21 PM

there is a group for it here on cafemom. i'm sure they could give you more details

Quoting SoniaL:

ok. I lloked htis up. it was a bit hush-hush on the site, since they want you to buy the book. But it seems insane! lol I was reading the FAQs and one was "I have a toddler and an infant. Cna i do the 3 day method w/ my toddler and care for my infant myself?" the answer? "Probably not"

It says it is 3 days if intensity versus 3 motnhs of all the icky stuff according to them.  I have 4 kids. My youngest is PLing now. i ahve NEVER had to do it for 3 months.

I would liek to hear more baout ti from someone who has done it becaus eit sounds a bit much to me.

SoniaL
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Thanks. Just curious. I did see some more details on Diaperswappers.com too. (Geez, i clearly need to check for typos more often since I look at the keys when I type. I just looked at my post down there. eek!)

Quoting .Angelica.:

there is a group for it here on cafemom. i'm sure they could give you more details

Quoting SoniaL:

http://leangreenmommy.wordpress.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)