Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

odd question

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:25 PM
  • 11 Replies
I know I should prob rejoin the bf group to ask this question but I thought I try this group first... I stopped bf my dd (she's now 17m and I bf her 6m) last year (actually last july) between my ds and my dd I could squeeze and get milk (4yrs) before my ds was born I leaked. Well I work with infants and notice closer to my period I can get milk if I squeeze. This last week we got a 6week old and in the last two days I feel like my milk has come in. She has that little infant cry. My boobs hurt and I actually leaked today being at home with my bra off. My period should start soon and there's no way I'm pregnant. Has anyone else had anything like this happen? I'm hoping over the next week when I'm off work my body gets back to normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zolanmel
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:29 PM
I've heard of it before... but u may want to ask ur doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momoftwins_2
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:31 PM

so you havent bf for a year and you still have milk?! Im not sure...I am bfing right now and have never stopped so im not sure how long it can last.

KittyNat
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Quoting zolanmel:

I've heard of it before... but u may want to ask ur doctor.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
Dina6742
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:37 PM
Usually only if I squeeze around my period but my boobs are firm (not hard) and hurt. The little one (6w) took a bottle of her moms milk and was it was done went to nurse. Later on she was pecking my shoulder when her bottle was heating up. I work with infants 10hrs a day. I'm thinking with her cry and my period coming up ny hormones just kicked in
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:43 PM

I've heard of it but i'm not sure how normal it is. I would talk to your doctor

blissfulmama80
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:53 PM

I've also heard of women producing milk years after their babies weaned.  I think any time your body could start producing milk again if hormones were right for it.  I would ask your doctor next time you're in (or call if you're concerned... maybe even just talk to the nurse to see if you need to be seen at all).  I don't think it's anything to be super worried about, but I don't know what to do about it.  Maybe the nurse/doctor would be able to help you with something.

bhwrn1
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:48 PM

I had milk two years after my middle stopped breast feeding. It's very common.

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:50 PM

i can and i havet bf my son since he was two months ....my grandmother could up until she went through menapoause  ...my mom doenst but still gets the let down feeling when she is around a crying baby (i get that feeling too still)

Kristenn
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:51 PM
This except it was for 10 months, because that's when I got pregnant again, and now I still have milk and he could come any day now... So I quit nursing December 2009 and it's July 2011 and I still have milk.

Quoting bhwrn1:

I had milk two years after my middle stopped breast feeding. It's very common.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaSiete
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:53 PM

If you're around other babies then yes it can trigger milk but you just stopped breastfeeding last year. Milk can stay and be expelled for A LONG TIME after you stop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)