Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you rent kids for a party : ( ?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:27 PM
  • 22 Replies

She is going to be so disappointed.  We just don't know enough people with kids to have a kids birthday party for her this year.  She'll be 5.  For the last two years we have done it, but the older she gets, the more kids she would need there to really call it a party.  We've decided to just have the grownup party this year.  She keeps talking about themes and what craft to choose, but for 5 kids who would be herself  (5 years old) another 5-year-old, two 4s, and one 3, is it really worth it?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lunarprancer
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:29 PM
Maybe theme it and have the grown ups play along.
momoftwins_2
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:30 PM

my kids dont have friends yet. they just turned 4. It was so sad this year cause they were like "where are the other kids at my birthday?" :( We just dont get out enough to meet people and the frineds we do have with kids are flakey so none of them came. I know how you feel. The only kids that came this year were cousins and I gave them goodie bags and tried to make it fun for them too.

zolanmel
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:31 PM
I think its very worth it. E do themes and everything even tho there's maybe one or two other kids here..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KittyNat
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:31 PM

i always thought the rule of thumb was however many years old they are plus one is how many guests should attend. to me a smaller party would be better, you can still have fun.

Bmama1
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:33 PM
I think it would be worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofemy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Thanks.  I think we will have a kids party after all. 

.Angelica.
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:42 PM

I think if she wants it i would do it.

Allisonc7910
by Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:36 AM

I think so. You could do something smaller scale. Have you thought about maybe doing it outside the house like at an art shop where kids can paint and have cake etc? Thats what I am doing. Just sent out invitations to the kids in her class, and hoping I get some RSVPs. None yet though. I would also like to find a company that rents out birthday attendees! lol.

Lunarprancer
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:49 AM
She looks just like you, what a lovely image =0)
2and2onway
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 3:46 AM

Its the same with all my kids. My older DD is having her 1st ever party turning 10. She invited 5 and 1 already cant come.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)