Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Haircut help! For a 2 year old girl

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 2:42 AM
  • 27 Replies

My daughter is 2.5 and her hair is still quite thin.  It's very hard to manage, it tangles easily and is always in her face(won't keep barettes or hairties in) and she ends up wiping food and junk in it.  It often seems dry, I've tried a few kid shampoos and they make it look and feel very straw-like so I use adult shampoo/conditioner on her to try to make it easier but it is still difficult.

Anyway, I want to cut her hair but I'm not sure how. I see some really cute short styles on girls but they often have much thicker hair or curly hair.  I don't want to give her a terrible haircut but I need to do something!  Any advice?

Here are some pics of her hair now.

Here is one from last year when it was shorter.

I'm thinking maybe like a bob, shorter in the back and maybe thin bangs?  Before when her bangs were cut they were cut wrong and the hair was cut all the way to the back of her head(if that makes sense) and I definitely want to avoid that again!

by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2011 at 2:44 AM

Yeah,an angled bob would look good on her!

.Angelica.
by Angie on Jul. 30, 2011 at 11:47 AM

She's a cutie I'm not good with haircuts though!

my4kidsrock2
by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 11:50 AM

Light layers are supposed to be good for thin hair. It helps control it better.

violetgirl
by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 12:06 PM

I am no help with haircuts, but just wanted to say she's adorable!  Hope you get some ideas and answers.

BlessedToBMommy
by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 4:05 PM

Her hair is pretty now I soooooo wouldnt mess with it, we use hot oil with ym dds hair, we just dont let it get soo hot it will burn her

SoniaL
by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 4:06 PM

I have to say, I HATE the bob with bangs that everyone gives to toddlers because they don't want to deal w/ hair issues. I call it the Dora haircut. lol

My kids have crazy hair for a while that ends up w/ food in it and in their faces. I wait until their hair fills in more and we see what it's going to "do" before we do any cuts.  My oldest had the Dora haircut  and i look back at the pictures and cringe.

FoxyLove
by Member on Jul. 30, 2011 at 4:12 PM

For a haircut, I would not recommend that you do it yourself. For boys, shaving their hand always comes out with even ends. Try to consult a professional. The less you have to come in for a haircut, the more you save. My rule of thumb is to go to a hair saloon no more than 2x a year. For me, that means to get a haircut that is easy manageable and low maintanence. Just a thought. Another thought is to try to outgrow her bands so that they'd be part of the rest of the hair rather than being in her face, especially if she is trying to eat. Just a suggestion. Whatever you decide to do, she'd be cute no matter what.

TruthSeeker.
by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Quoting SoniaL:

I have to say, I HATE the bob with bangs that everyone gives to toddlers because they don't want to deal w/ hair issues. I call it the Dora haircut. lol

My kids have crazy hair for a while that ends up w/ food in it and in their faces. I wait until their hair fills in more and we see what it's going to "do" before we do any cuts.  My oldest had the Dora haircut  and i look back at the pictures and cringe.

Completely agree!

SoniaL
by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 4:13 PM

I actually really think her hair is cute as it is now.

Loveing_My_Life
by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 4:16 PM

I think her hair is super cute now. and the bob hair cute on a little girl dosnt look right to me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN