Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are your kids learning in pre-school right now?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:12 AM
  • 9 Replies

Right now Jackson (4 1/2) is learning more about counting- getting to the higher #'s like 20's-30's. More about how to spell things- he's got down his name, Mom, Dad, Lexi (his sister) and a few others. He's also doing a lot more activities, such as they all made a volcano the other day! =)

Lexi (2 1/2) is learning her ABC's and counting.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bamababe1975
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Sounds like they're doing very well. :)

I've been working with my 3yo niece on letters, numbers, colors, shapes, etc. She knows her name now when she sees it written, and in fact pointed out to her mom that the bag she had given her wasn't hers but her brother's, lol, since it had his name on it, not hers.  

CrystalDawn2506
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Cathy is learning to count to 30. She is learning her ABC's ( each day is a Letter of the day just like sesame street lol ) . She is learning songs and rhymes ( this is for memory) . She is drawing , painting. She is learning to line up, follow directions, and to be quiet ( they play follow the duck for line up, they play copy cat copy cat for directions, and they play don't wake the bear aka school murals they tiptoe and freeze for teaching to be quiet ). She is learning her full name , address, phone number. And probably more but this is the low down the teacher gave me yesterday LOL.

corrinacs
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:15 AM

I dont' know actually.  He's in a "summer camp" riht now, so things are a hint different.  I know that last week they were focusing on counting, but I don't know how much tehy "do" those things.  When he starts preschool in the fall, it will be whatever my son wants to learn (Montessori), so we will see how that goes! 

Isaacsmom5354
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:18 AM

My son just started Pre-K on Monday. This week their theme is Friends/All About me. They have been working on writing their name, cutting a straight line and tracing lines this week.

.Angelica.
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:28 AM

no preschool here. glad he is doing well!

bhwrn1
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:50 PM

My kids haven't started the pre-school year yet.

AllanRaesMomma
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Allan doesn't start preschool until next week...

PEEK05
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Not in preschool yet, bump.

ddhb2007
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:12 PM
They are in the summer program now, so they focus on learning about different sports and outdoor activities.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)