Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DAYCARE

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:50 AM
  • 18 Replies

IT TIME FOR US TO START PUTTING OUR BOYS IN DAYCARE BUT AT WHAT AGE DID YOU START YOUR CHILD IN DAYCARE AND HOW DID YOU FEEL ABOUT IT

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:18 AM
My son is almost three never been to daycare. We do however have him in preschool at our YMCA he loves it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lotsohuginmomma
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:20 AM
2 and she loves it she's starting her second year next month, its a daycare preschool hybrid
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmama1
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:25 AM
No daycare here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stormystar15
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:28 AM
With my first he was 2 and with my second it was 5 months. if they werent in such a good daycare i wouldnt like them being in one but they absolutly love this daycare and the 2 teachers so im okay with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ClaribelC
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:22 AM
2.5 years and I was really upset about it at first. But my son has learned so much and he loves it! I am on top of it though I make an effort every couple of week of talking w his teacher about his progress.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2and2onway
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:35 AM

My oldest DD was the only one in daycare only because I was single and worked. She was about 18 mos when she started going.

thatgirl70
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:34 AM

Bump so I can answer later.

Brooklynsmom369
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:51 AM

my dd started daycare(we call it school) at 18 months (would have been 12 months but i took an extended mat leave ... and even though i work in a montessori preschool and have worked in daycare for a great many years. I was still sad ....she is not with me at the same school ( i commute hour each way and that is on the train) and i did not want her to be faced with commuting delays and then have a grumpy kid on the train. i choose a place that was close to home and there are bot hpros and cons....we just moved her to a different daycare at the beg of aug so taht she can be in the same school that she will attend for kindergarden ...that was not so bad.... I LOVE HER NEW SCHOOL...AND I FEEL MUCH BETTER ABOUT HER BEING THERE...i can get stuff done (i go back to work again in sept and she is there part time now)

touchingstars
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:55 AM

around 1 when we actually sent her to someone who wasnt related... at first i cried felt like a horrible mother, now i toss her in the door and run as fast as i can.... no actually she likes her baby sitter for the most part so we have no worries.

thatgirl70
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:09 AM

I started my son (now 4) at 7 weeks. I had originally planned to be a SAHM, but I realized it wasn't going to work out financially for us. It was trial and error, took me awhile before I found a place I was comfortable with (he went through 2 sitters and 2 daycares) and he was there until he was 3 1/2 (he started at around 15 months). When DH lost his job, we kept him in part time for awhile and then we had to pull him completely out a few months later because we couldn't afford it anymore. DH is working again, so we started sending him back to daycare about a month ago. Only this time I decided to pick a center that was closer to my job. Big mistake. He was there for about 2 1/2 weeks and I found out they were hitting him, so I pulled him out (and yes I reported it). Found out from a co-worker the other day that her grand-niece was also being abused there (she was pulled out as well). He is now back in his old daycare, but only temporarily because I wasn't able to get him into their pre-k program which is a requirement for the 3 & 4 year olds to be able to stay. So Monday he starts at another place, which I have heard good things about, so fingers crossed. He keeps asking me if he can go to the new daycare, ugh, I told him too soon. He says he doesn't like the one he's at. I think he's intimated by one of the directors there because she can be a little abrasive and intimidating. But the two teachers that look after him are really sweet.

Anyway, at this point, I don't know what I think about daycares anymore. The one that he got hit at really shook my faith as far as allowing others to watch him. DH, our boy and I will be moving in a few months though to be closer to his job, and I will be quitting my full-time here and will only be working part-time, or maybe not at all, depending on how much he brings home from his job (he's making good money).  We will have DH's parents who will be able to help out from time to time with watching him, so hopefully if I do work part-time, they will only have to watch him maybe 2-4 hours a day, possibly less once he starts school.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)